026

❝ im tired

❝ im tired. can i go home
and sleep, knowing i'll wake
up to see you here?"

-Chapter 43, The Sweetest Contempt, by yeonnieong

ONG RAEYEON

Tears desperately struggled keeping its place, as her face turned an utmost maroon, stuffed in a suffocating, musty place she knew nowhere of. Her lips were harshly fixed tight by a moist white cloth, and her hands were clutched by another's. 

An oddly gentle hold.

But scary.

Its been 2 whole hours and what Raeyeon could decipher was only the fact that she'd been held captive by an penguin masked man, who wouldn't give a damn thought of her who's been pleading him to let go all this time.

"Let...go-" her breath hitched, and her stomach irked with a tint rise of liquid. Raeyeon tried to raise her head up 'till the unknown man's sight. "e-excuse me, I feel sick. I may throw up..." the man stayed still, and the lass sighed, "s-sir, it may be unpleasant to-"

"Please remain silent."

That was the first time he spoke to her.

Raeyeon stared into the dead, cyan, plastic eyes of his mask. "Who are you? Why are you keeping me in a cell? I have to get back unless you'd like it if I call the police!" so much for trying to sound authoritative. 

He stayed silent again. 

Raeyeon wasn't stupid enough to predict that he was one force with the other vampire assassins, and she was proud enough to admit that she had her trip planned. How preposterous it'd be if she believed the letter just like that. 

She already turned on her GPS. And her phone was thankfully still safe, hidden in her thick jacket. 

Light emitted from afar, a sort of automatic sliding door satisfyingly opening itself, followed by shadows of two slick bodied figures, one a female with an uncomfortable tight pencil skirt, white turtle neck sweater, and black ankle boots; and a man with a formal suit. The woman was carrying files in her arms, as her heels clicked and clacked towards Raeyeon's way.

She has a terrible fashion sense.

When light came up to her face, Raeyeon gaped at her overly done, black black eyebrows, her lipstick, an ugly purple, and her face obviously baked with white, porcelain colored face powder. Despite her looks, however, she was surrounded by strong confidence. 

Still, terrible fashion sense. 

"I want to throw up, miss." Raeyeon said, when the woman stood right in front of the helpless girl. "For real, if you don't free me right now—" 

The woman grinned, two of her teeth huge in the middle, reminding Raeyeon of her dead bunny 10 years ago. She giggled before speaking, "My name is Natalie! Natalie Kim." jumping up and down with her chest at an utmost disturbing angle, bouncing up and down. "You must be Ms. Ong!"