029

❝  they should've known betterthan to mess with a lion in itswildest heart-wreck

than to mess with a lion in its
wildest heart-wreck.❞    

-Chapter 40, The Sweetest Contempt, by yeonnieong

--

PARK WOOJIN

Ragged, raspy breaths shuddered off his lips, his heart knocking on its cage, and lungs pumping into a nauseous lump in his swelled up throat, arising painful, needle-like goosebumps on his blood-stained skin. Trembling, Woojin attempted once to thousands of times to lift his ponderous eyelids, finally squinting to access the rather odd vision of his current surrounding. Sweat dripped off his fringe once in a while as he scanned the filthy, musty, confined room he was in; the door stood of extremely thick jail bars, and it only helped in raising his anxiety; the pungent smell of rotten egg didn't help neither.

Where on Earth am I?

That was when he shifted his gaze to his left, a neatly suited, exquisite, middle-aged-looking man who pictured presence that contrasted the disgusting room: his sharp brows cut through above his eyes perfectly, chocolate hair slicked back with exactly none pointing out, and shaved facial hair. He was leaning on the brown walls, a cigarette hanging off his thin lips; he showed authority. No. He was authority. His legs were barely folded, and he gave off an aura of a perfectionist.

But he resembled someone Woojin knew.

Someone he missed.

He resembled Raeyeon.

"You're a royal blood indeed. Those who wouldn't die when killed," he spoke, his tone rich. "I suppose my clients' analysis were correct about the royal clan. The gem out of all the royal-blooded vampire kind was hidden in another clan as an attempt to prevent the disastrous future soon to come."

Woojin scrunched his eyebrows. He opened his mouth to speak back, but an excruciating shot of pain suddenly lunged through his throat, as if he were to swallow a kitchen knife as a whole, severely slitting through his bare lungs. Shocked, he stared at the man in disbelief.

Am I controlled?

The stranger chuckled almost teasingly. "Easy there, prince," teasingly, he grabbed Woojin's chin, looking at the so called 'prince' in violent pity. "though all the supreme rumors spread about this hidden clan R prince hiding in clan A, you're the easiest one to trick, so far."

Woojin couldn't help but stay silent.

"It must've been hard living a life of somebody else's," the stranger continued. "all this time, rather than developing your absolute powers, the vampire clans decided to hide you instead. I mean, I was well aware of their stupidity, but I didn't think they'd be that bad."