FINAL CHAPTER : 033

we were tangled up
by the red string of 
fate.
❞    

-Chapter 36, The Sweetest Contempt, by yeonnieong

[ 5 years later...
31st December 2032
ALL-TIME Company Headquarters
Fashion Department ]

-

The hectic clashes of fingers and keyboards broadened inside the magazine department, squinted eyes fixated on their computers, as well as figures dashing here and there with piles of papers engulfed in their arms. Raeyeon felt her back aching at the continuous position, her butt on her wooden chair, for a straight 12 hours, grunting as she continued to edit her recent article for this week's ALL-TIME magazine, anxiously biting her lip.

Yes, indeed.

Ong Raeyeon had been recruited as one of the main writers for a fashion company after earning her master's degree on literature, as well as her experience on fashion, having worked for a part-timer fashion jobs.

Although her dream was to become a novelist, she was still quite satisfied.

"Finally." she smiled, smashing the enter button.

Proudly standing up from her chair, she started to stretch, resembling an old woman having her back aching. Clicking on the save button, she instantly snatched her USB out of its socket, skipping her way towards the team manager's office, earning jealous snickering from her colleagues.

"Why's she always the first one?"

"No wonder she's Mr. Hwang's favorite."

"Thank God she's our team's writer. Hah, your team isn't even halfway done!"

Chuckling awkwardly, fiddling with her fingers, she waved her hand in front of her colleagues in denial, clearing her throat as she was never good when it comes to compliments. As it lessened, Raeyeon turned her heels towards the manager's office, inhaling a deep breath. She raised her right fist to knock—

DHUG!

"Ouch!" yelped Raeyeon. The poor girl rubbed her knuckles, as well as her forehead.

Mr. Hwang had his eyes wide, realizing that he had opened the door way too hard when his employee stood in front of it. "Oh my, please forgive me, Ms. Ong."

"It's okay—"

"Are you done with your work?"

Raeyeon immediately handed the tiny device of her work, "I was about to hand it in for your final review—"

"Good." the manager snatched her USB, shoving it in his pocket. "Dress up well. You ought to come with me to meet an entertainment company 7PM sharp. Don't be late." Mr. Hwang swiftly dashed past Raeyeon, proceeding towards the exit.