Preparations

Chapter 3

It had been two weeks since we moved in, and life was pretty good. My new favorite hobby was exploring our new surroundings, and Elijah and Klaus had graciously taken us on a history tour. Elijah knew the best places to gather potion ingredients, and Klaus knew all about the cave system that ran through the mountains, although Elijah didn't want me wandering around in them by myself. Living here was doing us good emotionally as well. You see, back in Mystic Falls, we were pretty much stuck in the house all the time, and now that we were free, we had become less cranky, irritable, and short tempered with each other. Elijah, Damon, and Klaus were able to apparate to London to get 'fresh blood' whenever they wanted too, and Stefan and I just hung around doing pretty much whatever we wanted. I spent most days decorating the house, and Stefan read his new books he had bought from Tomes and Scrolls. We had even invited our new friends and my future Professors, Sirius and Remus, over for dinner. That had been a blast. Damon showed Sirius all kinds of joke spells that he had invented over the years, and Elijah and Remus talked about everything from politics in the Ministry, to what I would be learning in D.A.D.A. I was so proud of my boys because of how well they took to Remus. The full moon had been a week ago, and Klaus had gone off with Sirius, so they could keep Remus company during the transformation. I knew the second I met Remus that he was a kind person, even though he was a werewolf. I'm glad I turned out to be right.

"Hey Princess, you have mail." Damon said, and gently shook me awake. "Wakey, wakey, Sleeping Beauty." He continued, as I started stirring. "It's a letter from Hogwarts." Now I was up.

"Really? Le'me see it, please." I mumbled, trying to shake the cobwebs of sleep away.

"Aww, you're so polite when you first wake up. Too bad you can't be that way all the time."

"Shush." I said, and reached for the letter in his hands. I opened the envelope, and tried to focus my eyes on the tiny scrawl written in blue ink. I need coffee.

"What does it say?"

"Dun'no, can't read it. Too small. Must have coffee." I muttered.

"Ok, Zombie Girl, let's go." He hoisted me to my feet, and steadied me as I stumbled to the door. We walked down to the kitchen where the others had been waiting. Vampires are early risers.

"Thank you Pinky." I said, as she placed a cup in front of me, and I sat there for a few minutes staring at the wall.

"Lynn, what does your letter say?" Stefan asked.

"We don't know." Damon answered for me. "She's still not all here yet." He said, gesturing toward me, and everybody laughed.

I rubbed my eyes and tried to focus again, then I started to read the letter out loud.

Dear Miss Lynn Salvatore,

We are pleased to welcome you to your first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Inside you will find a list of items that is required for all fifth year students, as well as some additional items due to this being your first year with us. If you already own these additional items, you will not be required to re-purchase them. I also noticed that you live in Hogsmeade, and seeing as the Hogsmeade Station is where the Hogwarts Express will let the students off, you will not be required to travel by the train. If you wish to ride the train however, you may do so, and you will find your ticket enclosed with this letter. If not, please be on the Hogsmeade Station platform at five in the evening on September 1st, and follow the first year students. There will be someone waiting to show you where to go. Again, welcome to Hogwarts, and I hope you have a wonderful year.

Sincerely,

Filius Flitwick

Deputy Headmaster