Classes

Chapter 5

"Where did you get that?" Professor Snape asked, grabbing my hand, as he handed me my schedule. I stared at him. "Where did you get it?" He repeated, glaring at me.

"E-Elijah gave it to me. He was one of the men in the Three Broomsticks the day I met you." I said, trying to tug my hand back.

He stared at the ring, and rubbed his thumb over it. "Please don't lose it." He whispered.

"I won't sir." I said, looking at him dumbfounded, as he walked away to hand out more schedules.

"What was that about?" Draco asked, as I sat back down at the table.

"I don't really I know." I said, still slightly confused.

"Ugh! I had the worst dream last night!" Pansy cried, as she slammed her bag on the table, spilling pumpkin juice everywhere. "I dreamed that there was something chasing me. I couldn't see it, because I was surrounded by fog, but I knew if it caught me it would hurt me. I was in a forest, and just kept running and running. It was horrible." She said, buttering her toast.

I snickered. Damon can do a lot worse than that, so watch what you say to me. It will only get worse if you don't.

"Something funny, Blood-traitor?" Daphne asked.

That's not helping. "Nope. I'm just studying my schedule."

"Stop calling her that." Draco said.

"No Draco, don't worry about it. Let them keep digging their own graves. I find it quite funny actually."

He snickered, then suddenly the great hall was filled with owls. I scanned the ceiling looking for Peck, our family owl. Hey don't look at me, Stefan named him! He spotted me first though, and swooped down and landed beside me. He was a pure black owl with white tipped wings, and he dropped four letters onto my plate.

"Aww, thanks Peck." I said, giving him some of my toast. "Here I have one for you. Just deliver it whoever you see first." I reached into my bag, and pulled out the letter telling the boys about dinner and family days, handed it to him, and watched as he soared out the window. Now which one to read first? I chose the letter from Elijah.

Lynn,

There really isn't much to tell. As a child, I told Salazar many times that I liked it. He even let me wear it sometimes, so one day he just gave it to me. Salazar told me that one day I would find someone special to give it too, but he also said to give it only to a Slytherin, and I can think of no one more special to give it too, than you. Consider it a family heirloom. The ring is protected by a spell, from theft and from being lost, so if you were to lose it, it would find you. I hope you have a good day at school and don't let those girls get you down. You are not a Blood-traitor. Salazar wouldn't have considered you one. We will take care of them. Oh, and we don't care who you tell about us. Tell them we are vampires, or don't. Either way they will find out. And soon.

Love,

Elijah

What does he mean by "and soon"? I grinned, and opened Klaus's letter.

Love,

I will eat them, just say the word, and I will make their life hell. I know Damon was only playing with her last night, but I'll make it real. You are not a Blood-traitor. As you know, I knew Salazar, and even he would agree with me. Just keep your head down. Let us deal with them.

Love,

Your Hybrid

I laughed, this was getting funnier by the minute, and I knew they would make good on their threats. I opened Stefan's next.