Death Becomes Her

Chapter 20

"Would they let a vampire be an Auror?" I wrote. That would be so cool! I wonder if I'd look good in a brown trench coat? Brown doesn't really look good on me though, maybe I can be like Kingsley and not wear one.....

"What are you talking about?" Snape asked. "I don't know what you mean by a vampire being an Auror?"

"You said when classes start back that we will be having career day." I wrote. "So I was.... wondering if they would let a vampire be....

"Miss Salvatore, you trailed off into thought again." He said.

"Sorry." I wrote, with a sigh.

Almost a week had passed since I had been kidnapped, and I was finally getting the hang of this whole situation, but I still had trouble with writing and thoughts. The babbling potion was still causing me to have random thoughts, and at times I thought I was going crazy. I found that when someone talked to me, I could concentrate better. Elijah was right when he said the potion effected everyone differently, so Remus and Sirius had pulled all my friends together and we had a mini classroom test, and they tried to teach us something. I found that class time would be no problem, because I had something to concentrate on. Salazar was busy working on a counter jinx that would hopefully clear this mess up, so that I wouldn't have to suffer with the babbling potion anymore. I hope he can find one soon.

Today was New Years, and tomorrow we would be heading back to school. The guys, Hermione, Lavender, and Ginny were all going to floo the house, so we could head back to the castle when the train came in. Professor Snape dropped by to see how I was doing, and we were now talking about career day. I knew that I was going to become a vampire by age 30, I did have the boys promise me that after all, so whatever I decided to do with my life, I had to make sure that it was vampire friendly. Not to mention, I'd want to do it for eternity.

I became interested in becoming an Auror, because Harry had told me all about Mad-Eye Moody, and Harry said that he wanted to become an Auror. I began to read everything that I could about them, and decided that an Auror sounded like the best way to proceed with my life. Not to mention, the situation with Greyback had prompted Dumbledore to ask for extra security at Hogwarts. The Minister for Magic said it was a good idea, and sent over several Aurors, including Kingsley Shacklebolt and Tonks, whom I have semi gotten to know. Moody had also come to help, because he was a personal friend of Dumbledore's. Moody, Tonks, and Kingsley had even accompanied Dumbledore to the house when The Headmaster came to see how I was doing. This had been an interesting day because Moody stayed silent the whole time, and watched the boys and Salazar like a hawk. He was a little more relaxed around Remus though, because he has known him for many, many years. Tonks was cool, and I liked her immediately. She could change her looks at will, and I vowed that I was going to have awesome pink and purple hair, if I figured out how to change it with the color changing spell. This was not going to go over well with Klaus though, but he will get over it.

"I think you'd make a great Auror Love." Klaus said. "But, I don't know if they'd let you stay an Auror if you become a vampire."

"Maybe I can ask Moody." I wrote. "He would know."

"He would." Snape said, with a nod. "Your potions grade is excellent, but I don't take N.E.W.T. students who don't receive an 'Outstanding' on their owls, so make sure you study hard to get that grade."

I nodded. "I will." I wrote.

"If an Auror is what you really want to be, I'll look up your file and get the information you'll need, and we will talk more when we get back to classes."

"Ok, thank you so much Professor Snape." I wrote.

"You're welcome. Now, I must be getting back. You all have a wonderful afternoon, and I'm glad you're doing well Miss Salvatore." He said with a slight smile.