Epilogue

Epilogue:

100 Years Later

It was summertime, and I smiled as I stared out the window at the kids running around outside, and believe me, there was a lot of them! The Burrow had become much more than the Weasley's home over the years, it had grown into a small village. We accepted almost everyone who wanted to build a house and live here. Vampires, werewolves, hybrids (though there are only three of those), and humans. Except for Hogsmeade in Scotland, we had become the only all wizarding community in the U.K. We however, won't allow anyone with certain darker leanings to live here, if you know what I mean. We simply won't tolerate it!

So I know you must be wondering what happened to all of us after 5th year. Well don't worry, I'm gonna tell you, but I must warn you that not all of it is happy, some of it is kinda sad. I wish I could tell you that we all became vamps, and lived happily ever after, but that's not how life goes.

I'll start with the summer after 5th year. Fred and George's store was an instant hit in Diagon Alley, and the Weasleys became one of the wealthiest families in the wizarding world. Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes now has several locations all over the world, including Hogsmeade. 8 months after the attack at Hogwarts, the twins bought Zonko's Joke shop, remodeled it, and made it their own, much to the delight of Hogwarts students, and the dismay of Hogwarts Professors. And who runs this particular branch of WWW you may ask? None other than the two oldest children I know, Damon and Sirius. After 5th year, Sirius decided teaching really wasn't his style so he gave up his position as a Professor, and for the last 100 years, Godric Gryffindor has been the transfiguration Professor and Gryffindor Head of House.

That's not the only change that happened at the school though. Harry ended up getting an 'exceeds expectations' on his O.W.L. for potions, and as we all know, Professor Snape didn't take anyone below an 'outstanding'. Harry wanted to become an Auror, so Remus did some begging, and switched places with Snape. We thought Snape really enjoyed making Remus beg! But that's not all, now you see, Snape may be hardnosed, but he knows all about respect and has no problem giving it to those who deserve it. He gave up his Head of House duties, and yep, you guessed it, Salazar became Head of Slytherin House once more, and Dumbledore couldn't have been happier!

However good things don't last that long, 10 years after we graduated from Hogwarts, Professor Dumbledore passed away. He refused both Godric's and Salazar's offers to turn him, but in the end, we realized that Dumbledore had lived a full healthy life, and that it was his choice to move on. It was sad to see him pass away, but at least he died peacefully in his sleep. We buried him on a little island in the middle of The Black Lake, and to this day we still miss him and visit his grave. When Dumbledore passed away, Salazar was elected the new Headmaster (and still remains the Headmaster to this day), and Snape became Slytherin Head of House again.

So what happened to Snape? Well he retired from teaching D.A.D.A. about 60 years ago at the age of 75. He lives with Draco and Sirius now, in a little house we have dubbed 'the bachelor pad' just down the street from us in The Burrow. He has loosened up a lot over the years, and now, he is just downright fun to hang around. Even though he hasn't aged a day past 50! Yes, Snape is a vampire now, but that was a choice he wanted to make, and Salazar is the one he asked to turn him. He still has his love for anything that deals with potions though, and you can normally find him in his garden where he grows his own ingredients, and for some strange reason that no one can figure out, a bunch of lilies.

Remus is also retired now, and retired around the same time Snape did. During the summer before our 7th year he married Tonks, and ended up becoming a parent. All of us were shocked to find out that hybrids can have children. Salazar did some digging, and it turns out that the werewolf side is what allows this to happen. This freaked Remus out though. He was sooo worried that the child would be born a werewolf, but nope, he was wrong! All of their children turned out to be metamorphmagi just like Tonks. Now he has four children of his own, and has several grand and great grandkids, all of whom live in The Burrow, and have different colored hair. Tonks is also a hybrid. She couldn't bear the thought of passing away and leaving Remus alone, so she wanted him to bite her as a werewolf, and then Klaus turned her into a hybrid.