The Black Lake's Surprise

Chapter 22

Tyler said he had to get back to the caves, but Caroline was able to eat dinner with us that night. It was Saturday after all. She was amazed by all the magic that was taking place around her, and kept squealing at everything. Fred and George kept making her laugh, and she was shocked by Tonks, but they became quick friends. I don't think she's had this much fun in a long time!

"So how did you become a vampire Caroline?" Sirius asked, as we sat down in my common room.

"Oh my gosh, it's such a stupid story really." She replied with a laugh. "Damon is the one that turned me, though it wasn't his fault really. I didn't even know vampires existed, until the night I was turned. It was about 2 years ago when it happened. Lynn and I were at her house, and we were just hanging out doing girl stuff. We had just finished eating lunch and were doing the dishes when a plate slipped out my hand and broke. Well, I bent down to pick up the pieces, but I hit my head on the counter top, and it started to bleed really badly. Lynn quickly tried to help me patch it up, but Damon walked in, and I guess the smell of blood everywhere caught him off guard because he hissed and bared his fangs. I screamed, jumped back, slipped on a broken piece of plate, and hit my head on the floor." She said laughing loudly. "When I came to a few hours later, I screamed again when Damon asked how I was doing, and tried to run out the house, but he stopped me, and compelled me to forget. Everything went back to normal, and I left later that night. Well, as I was walking home a car ran off the road and hit me. Apparently he had used his blood to help heal the gash on my head, because I was killed with the vampire blood in my system. The guy had driven off, but I woke up several hours later in the ditch. I remembered everything that had happened, because when a person dies and becomes a vampire, they remember the things that they were compelled to forget. I headed back to Lynn's and told them what happened."

"Needless to say she was freaking out." I said with a laugh.

Caroline laughed and nodded. "Majorly freaking out, but Damon and Stefan helped me through it all, and taught me how to manage it. I hid it from my Mom, but when all hell broke loose in Mystic Falls, she found out I was a vampire and tried to kill me. It was awful."

"I can't imagine going through all that." Draco said. "Lynn told us everything that went on in Mystic Falls. No wonder you all dislike werewolves so much. All of that happened because a wolf forgot to take his wolfsbane potion."

"Well most werewolves aren't very bright to begin with." I said with a laugh. "There are a few exceptions though. That's why we took to Remus so well, and Tyler is a good guy too. Of course in Tyler's case it was a bit easier, because I have known him since I was a kid."

"What's Tyler's story, and how did you two end up together?" Ginny asked. "I hope I don't sound too nosey, I'm just curious."

Caroline smiled at her. "Oh I don't mind. I was actually aware of werewolves before I knew about vampires. Tyler was turned into a wolf at 14, I was the first one he told, because we had been together since 7th grade, not to mention, we were friends long before that. His Mom knew what he was and helped him. His Dad however, didn't know."

"We knew he had become a werewolf the first time he came over after being turned, and needless to say we were shocked." Damon said. "But we helped him as much as we could."

"He did tell me that." Caroline said with a laugh. "I'm still a little mad at y'all, because I was the only one who didn't know you guys were vamps."

"Well the more people that know, the more dangerous it is." Elijah said.

"Tell me about it." Caroline said rolling her eyes.

"So what happened when his Dad found out?" Goyle asked.