Memories

Chapter 12

I sat bolt upright in my bed. I glanced over at the clock on my bedside table and it read 12:00. Midnight.

"It was just a dream." I sobbed, more to myself than the sleeping Blue beside me. "I'm not a vampire." I said with a shaky breath. "Blue wake up." I said, and gently shook him. He stirred and opened his eyes, as I lit the lamp on my bedside table. "Is this real? Or am I still dreaming?"He sat up, stretched, and looked at me funny. Then he meowed softly and started purring.
I sat and thought for a moment, then threw the covers off me, and threw back the curtains that hung around my bed. I looked to where the crow usually sleeps, but it wasn't there.
"Of course." I mumbled. "The one time I actually need you." I glanced at the other sleeping girls, but their curtains were all drawn. Not that I'd actually ask them for help.
"Blue, I just had a real bad dream that only a vampire could give to me. I need you to stay here, because I'm going home. I already have an idea on how I'm going to get there."

I knew the less clothes I wore the easier my traveling would be. I had on fleece PJ pants, a long sleeve shirt, and I was bare foot. Good grief I was gonna freeze. I knew that I would get caught if I tried to make my through the castle, so I glanced at the window above my bed, and quickly cast sticking charms on the balls of my feet and fingertips.

"Stay here." I said to Blue again, as I stuck my wand in my mouth.
I climbed up to the window, and silently opened it. I crawled out into the freezing night air and promptly cast a hot air charm around my body, so that I could try and counter the cold air around me.
"Just like Spiderman." I mumbled, as I climbed my way toward the Gryffindor tower.

It took me a good 30 minutes to climb all the way around the gigantic castle, but I made it. I snuck a glance into the Gryffindor common room, but it was empty and dark, so I climbed my way up to the boys' dorm and found Harry and Ron's room. I tried to open the window.
"Of course it's locked." I said, glaring at the locked window. "Alohomora." I whispered, and the latched squeaked as it slid open. I lifted the window and climbed in.
My foot caught the window sill and threw me off balance, so I landed with a loud thud onto the floor.

"What the bloody hell?!" Ron yelled, as he threw back his bed curtains.
"What's going on?" A sleepy Neville asked, pulling back his own.
"Ron? What was that?" Seamus asked.
"Who's there?" Dean asked.
"Lynn?" Harry asked lighting his lamp.
"What the bloody hell?" Ron repeated, staring at me.
"Well just so you know, I fancied a chat with all you good looking gentlemen at 12:30 in the middle of the night." I said in my best fake British accent.
Neville blushed, but Seamus laughed loudly, and the others stared at me as if I'd grown two heads.

"Something not right has happened. I'm so sorry. I really didn't mean to wake all of you up." I said suddenly looking serious. "I just needed to ask Harry for a favor."
"What?" He asked looking at me.
"I need to get home. It's very important that I get there fast." I said, and filled them in on what had happened.
"I don't understand, why would Damon do that?" Ron asked, looking at me horrified.
"That's just it. I don't think it was Damon. It was someone else." I said. "He kept calling me Lynn. Damon never calls me Lynn. Even when he's mad at me. He always calls me..."
"Princess." Harry finished, and I nodded my head.
"So who then?" Seamus asked.

"I don't know, but it was a lucid dream that only a wizard vampire can give, and they used Damon's likeness to make me think it was him. No one in my family would ever do anything like that to me. I think it was someone who may be working with Greyback." I said, and proceeded to tell them about the letter, and all that had happened earlier.
"Bloody hell." Was all Ron could say.
"I don't want to just run across the castle grounds and apparate, because the vampire might still be out there, so I need to get off the grounds more secretly." I said, staring knowingly at Harry.
"You need my cloak and map." He said, grabbing his glasses and shoving them on his face.
"If you will let me borrow them."
"I'm going with you." He said jumping up, and throwing on his sneakers. "I'm not letting you go alone. Especially if an unknown vampire is out there."