A Merry Christmas?

Chapter 18

November and the first half of December flew by, and now it was the day before Christmas break. All of us, except Harry, were going home. Hermione was going to be visiting Rome with her parents, much to Elijah's dismay. Ron, Ginny, Fred, and George were also going home, but I knew I'd be seeing them on Christmas Day. Draco's Mother and Father had invited us all to join them for a party that was going to be held at Malfoy Manor. Draco was beside himself, because finally he could have fun at Christmas. He told us that the parties had always been boring for him, because it was mostly his Father's business friends and contacts that were there. Crabbe, Goyle, Blaise, and their families were going to be there too. It was going to be great!

Nothing exciting had really happened since Salazar reappeared, and everyone guessed that Greyback didn't want to tangle with him, but none of us were going let our guard down though. Salazar however, had moved out of his house and into my common room. His quarters were bigger and much more extravagant than mine, but I didn't care. He was a founder after all. His bedroom was located behind the stone fireplace, and only he knew the non-verbal spell that made it move. The wizarding world had finally calmed down once Salazar did an in-depth interview with The Daily Prophet explaining, once again, his intentions and his reappearance. This however, only made Pansy and her friends hate me even more. They still didn't care what Salazar said, they were 100% convinced that he was an imposter, and that Dumbledore had put an old man up to this. Some people are just stupid I guess.

It was after curfew, and Salazar and I were sitting in our common room. I was talking via patronus to everyone, and Salazar was trying to read. He looked up from his book for the hundredth time and glared at the coyote that had bounded through the wall.

"So it's settled then." Fred's voice rang out. "Ron said, Harry said he will be there too. Harry sent a patronus to Sirius, and Sirius sent one to Dumbledore, and Dumbledore said he didn't mind, and that it was up to Sirius if he could go to the party at Malfoy's place. So it looks like we will all be there except for Hermione and Lavender."

"Sounds good!" I said, sending my bat back with the reply.

Salazar sighed and put his book down. "So, will there be any more interruptions to my reading?" He asked.

"Oh hush, you love this and you know it." I giggled.

He gave me a sly smile. "Your right I do. I've missed this, and I'm happy to be back inside the castle with everyone, even if it means putting up with all the commotion. It's just that we have heard the same thing 10 times in a row. Maybe I can come up with a spell that will allow all the patronesses to know what the others have said, that way we can avoid repeating." He said as he stared up at the ceiling in thought.

Suddenly a dragon and a stag appeared in the room, and Salazar sighed again.

"Harry can go to the party." The dragon said, and disappeared.

"I can go to the party." The stag said, and also disappeared.

I glanced over at Salazar, who had pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration, and giggled.

Just then a silvery werewolf appeared in the room and it burst into laughter. "Salazar would you like me to tell them to be quiet?" Remus asked.

Salazar raised his wand over his head. "Expecto Patronum!" he cried and a silvery snake appeared. He flicked his wand at it and said out loud. "No, I'll do it if it really, really starts to irritate me." And then he sent it off, and gave me another sly smile.

"You snake!" I said laughing. "I didn't know you could cast a patronus."

Salazar grinned at me. "Well only those pure of heart can. I have a pure heart, and have no intention of harming anyone. Yes, I dabble in the dark arts, and yes I do have a bit of darkness in me, but those alone don't stop me from casting my patronus. Technically, I'm not a dark wizard anymore."