Chapter 13

After you had collected yourself from Papyrus's flirts you both continued on your peaceful walk in the rain. "Hey, papy?" You called to him making him hum in response. "How is it even raining here?" You asked him out of pure curiosity.

"well, you see hun, we are actually relatively close to the hotlands, and with a name like hotlands, it's obviously hot. water and heat cause evaporation as you are probably aware, and since there is a ceiling above us the water particles collect and form condensation and they just fall. so that's how it essentially rains in the underground," Papyrus explained making you totally understand.

"Wow. That's fascinating, Papyrus. So how does it snow in Snowdin? Is it basically the same thing?" You asked him.

"well, snowdin is weird, i have no idea how that works. we could probably go to the librarby and find out, or you could just ask dr. undyne since we're already heading that way.

"Who's Dr. Undyne again?" You asked kinda embarrassed for forgetting, the name just seemed all too familiar.

"dr. undyne is the royal scientist of the underground," Papyrus explained making you oh in response.

"Oh, well alright, she's not going to try and kill Chara or me right?" You questioned making Papyrus chuckle.

"nah hun, she's too shy for any of that, but she is really smart, you two will probably be good friends, plus she can take care of that nasty scar on your stomach." papyrus explained.

That's why she sounded so familiar! You thought to yourself. "She sounds like the sweet bean!" You said closing your eyes tight as you showed Papyrus a big smile.

"so cute..." you heard papyrus mumble making you giggle.

"No, you're cute~," You said mostly to just mess around. You then looked at his face seeing that he had an orange blush on his face. "Aww, you're such a babe," you said baby talking him while poking his ribs.

"gosh dangit hun, heheh. why do you gotta get on my case?" he asked awkwardly.

"Because you like getting on my case. Not that fun huh?" You teased.

"well, when it's you i get to see you looking and acting adorable. when it's me it's just weird," he said making you giggle.

"Whatever my dude. I'll leave you be, cause I'm a nice person," You said raising your hands in defeat.

"thank you, hun," He said. "now you want to go to my hotland post?" He asked suggesting the lazy option.

"Sure," You said after debating on whether or not to be lazy.

"alright, hold on tight," Papyrus said with a wink. You then leaned in close to him as he held you close. He closed the umbrella and it magically disappeared. You decided not to question it considering he can teleport, so you just inferred that he warped it away. 

Next thing you knew, the world around you began to shift and change as the cool, bluish environment began to dissipate into blackness and a hot, orangish environment appeared. You then felt solid ground on your feet, so you step away from Papyrus. You sighed out after that little trip, "Whew, I never will get used to that." 

"eh, you might eventually, hun," Papyrus said as he walked over to the all too familiar sentry station. It even had snow on it like the ones before it. You were astounded and amazed at that fact, seeing as it was literally blazing degrees all around you, lava being at the drop of a cliff and whatnot. You were heftily considering taking off your sweater because you at least had a tank top on underneath. You didn't really think Papyrus would care, so once he was sat at his station, waiting for you to join him, you walked over and sat on his desk facing in his direction. You let out a little puff as you sat down do to already overheating. "you alright, hun?" He asked you.

"Hmm... yeah I'm fine, just hot," You said while wiping sweat off of your forehead.

"sorry, hun, i can't really help with that," he said scratching the back of his neck.

"Eh, it's fine, you can't control the weather/temperature," you said waving off. You then held the bottom of your sweater. "Hey, do you mind if I take off my sweater?" You asked with a raised brow making Papyrus flinch back with a now prominent orange blush on his face.

"um- what?!" He asked you heftily concerned and confused.

"NO! Nonononono! I'm not gonna be topless! I wanna make that very clear! I have a tank top on under this! I'm not tryin' to be hoin' around!" You explained making Papyrus sigh with relief as he placed his head on the table.

"uuuugghh... you scared the hell outta me, hun, not even joking," he said muffled against the table making you giggle.

"Well, I'm sorry, but can I? Like, do you mind?" You asked just for confirmation.

"yeah, yeah, you can go ahead," he said while waving to you, giving you the go-ahead but never lifting his head from the table. You then removed your sweater, leaving you in a black tank top that read 'straight outta bed'. You felt instant relief from the heat as you took off the bulky sweater. You even observed your arms, for the first time in forever, with a smile on your face. The scars were gone, the signs of him were gone. You laid back against Papyrus's table, sighing out with content.

"Feels good not having to hide my arms anymore," you said lifting one of your arms over your face so you could gaze at your untainted arms.

"i'm happy for you, hun," Papyrus said, finally lifting his head off the table.

"Heh, sorry for freaking you out earlier ago," you said turning your head in his direction.

"nah, it's fine, just kinda caught me off guard. just needed a minute, you know?" He asked which you nodded your head and giggled at.

"Yeah, I can understand," you said nodding your head before facing up at the ceiling. You inhaled deeply before hearing a faint yelling in the distance. "What was that?" You asked Papyrus with concern as you leaned yourself up.

"(y/n), get under the table, now. i'll handle this," Papyrus said in a serious tone making you act fast and hide under the desk. You then heard a faint running sound and heavy breathing as they both gradually picked up. You tried to get a peak of what Papyrus was doing, but he just seemed to be sitting at the table with his head down. 

"Papyrus, what're you doing?" You whispered to him. He just summoned a bone small enough to be hidden by the table yet long enough to do something. You may not know what that something is yet but this is all Papyrus could do to show you he was going to do something. You heard the running closer than ever along with the sound of clanking metal. Oh, crap balls is that who I think it is?! You thought to yourself. Once the clanking was as loud as it could possibly be it just suddenly stopped and you heard yelling.

"PAPYRUS! WHAT'RE YOU DOING!? YOU LET THE HUMAN GET PASSED YOU!" You heard as you watched the bone slowly shift from where it was to the side of the table. 

"uh, whoops?" Papyrus said seeming oblivious making the other just scoff and begin to run after who you could only assume was Chara from the short description you heard from the other. Just for them to trip over the bone Papyrus had in place. You then heard a crash and clatter on the ground due to what you could only guess was armor if this is who you thought it was. You didn't hear them get up, you guessed that they must've simply been tired.

You then heard gentle footsteps returning and a splash of water before you heard the clanking armor again. You didn't know what was happening at this point. It seemed like a silent agreement came about as you heard the clanking metal go back from where it came. After a moment Papyrus signaled for you to come back up. Your suspicions were correct, Chara was standing right in front of the sentry station.