Chapter 14

"hey kid," Papyrus said to Chara. "sooo how did that mess happen back there with alphys, kiddo?" Papyrus asked. 

"Yeah, Chara, what happened?" You asked as you crawled out from under the desk.

"Wait, why aren't you wearing your sweater?" She asked you.

"Um... it's hot?" You said being a smart-aleck making Chara deadpan. "Now what happened with Alphys?"  

"*inhales* ok... fine... whatever, anyways Alphys was literally waiting for me on what looked like a mountaintop and she tried to fight me but I kept running away, and now I'm here," Chara explained making both you and Papyrus hum in response.

"Well, ok, as long as you are ok," You said.

"so what do you plan on doing now, kid?" Papyrus asked.

"Well, Sans called me in the middle of me fleeing and invited me to hang out with him and Alphys, so I think I'm going to do that," Chara said.

"Um... sibs... do you really think that is a good idea?" You asked her.

"Relax, Sans will be there, I'll be fine," Chara said.

"yeah, it'll be fine hun, sans won't let anything happen to 'em," Papyrus said persuading you in letting Chara go.

"...Alright fine, just don't die, I'll be very sad," You said making Chara giggle slightly.

"Ok, I won't, see you later guys," Chara said walking off with a smile on her face. Once Chara was out of sight you huffed out and laid your face down on the sentry station.

"what's up, hun?" Papyrus asked you with concern as he patted your back. You then pulled your head up so you could speak.

"Ugh, that kid is gonna be the death of me I swear," You said as you rubbed your temples.

"awe, it'll be ok," Papyrus said trying to reassure you.

"I know, Sans will be there for her, she just stresses me out sometimes, you know?" You asked as you explained yourself.

"trust me, i do. with a bro like sans, let's just stay you gotta be on your toes," Papyrus related to you. You giggled slightly in response to him as you lifted yourself off the desk. You then inhaled deeply as you stretched. "hey, hun, you wanna go see undyne now?" Papyrus asked you once you finished stretching.

"Oh, sure, I assume she's at that giant building over there that reads 'LAB' considering you said she was the royal scientist," You assumed as you pointed to the lab making Papyrus hum for a second before responding.

"huh... i guess that is pretty self-explanatory... yeah she's there," Papyrus said as he scratched the back of his skull. 

"Heh, well alright, you going to escort me, kind sir?" You said slightly teasingly as you raised a brow at him making him chuckle.

"heheheh, of course, m'lady," Papyrus said as he stood up from his seat. He then interlocked fingers with you and you both began walking towards the lab. 

"So, conversation starters, what should I do? Cause, I don't want the first thing I tell her to be, 'hey, you've never met me before, but can you fix this gnarly scar for me?' and then I proceed to lift my shirt and show her the scar because I feel like that will be a very awkward experience for all of us," You explained making Papyrus bust out into laughter.

"honestly hun, don't even worry about it, do you like anime?" He asked which confused you slightly.

"Um... yeah? Why?" You said very confusedly.

"ok, you'll be fine trust me," Papyrus said. "if there is ever an awkward moment undyne will bring up anime and you two can just talk about that."

"Oh! Well ok, I'll be perfectly fine!" You said, excited to meet undyne. You both then approached the lab doors, they automatically opened letting you both in. You two then walked into the dark lab, the only lighting was a large television screen divided into two sections. One side was focused on you while the other was focused on Chara. What in the actual fuck? 

"hey uh... undyne?" Papyrus said as he looked at the TV. "i uh, have someone i'd like for you to meet," He said loud enough for Undyne to hear... where ever she was. You heard a door open and suddenly the lights turned on making you yelp slightly in surprise. You then saw a tall, blue fish lady with blazing red hair made up into a messy bun emerge from beyond the newly opened door. She seemed to be writing something down on a notebook, not realizing that you and Papyrus were there. She then looked up, probably seeing Papyrus's fluorescent orange hoodie out of her peripheral vision. 

"Oh, hey, Papyrus what're you doing he-" She cut herself off seeing you. "P-Papyrus?! W-Why w-would you b-bring one of the humans here?! I-I'm n-not prepared for this. I-I mean I haven't showered, I-I'm barely dressed, th-the lab's a mess, a-and..." She then took a deep breath in as she tucked a loose hair behind one of her fins. 

She then breathed out slowly before she spoke again, "Ummm... H-H-Hello, human, I'm Toriel's royal scientist, Dr. Undyne. You may have already known that thanks to Papyrus bringing you here and all, but uh... I figured it was only common c-courtesy to uh... introduce myself. But I-I just want you to know I don't want to harm you, and um, as you probably noticed I've been o-observing both you and your sister ever since you both exited the ruins. I've seen both you and your sister's encounters with monsters and the relationships you've formed." She said nervously as she stashed her pen on her fin so she could scratch her neck. "Originally... I was supposed to stop you, but as I watched you and your sister's progress I started rooting for you. Heh, k-kinda a thing I noticed happens with people that are on 'TV', so uh... now I want to help you and your sister in any way I can!" She said sounding thoroughly enthused with your presence. 

"Oh, well uh, my name's (Y/n), it's nice to meet you! I have actually heard about you through Papyrus, he told me you were nice, and honestly, I think we should totally be best friends now that I've met you," You said, happy to have met the sweet-bean of a fish lady.

"O-Oh, ok, that sounds l-lovely! I-I'd love to be your friend! B-But uh... w-we may have a t-teensy issue... you may not want to be my friend after you hear this..." Undyne said making you concerned.

"Oh?" Was all you could really say. 

"Y-Yeah... y-you see... a really long time ago I made this robot that's named Napstaton. Originally he was just meant to be an entertainment robot, but I recently decided to make him m-more useful. You know, the normal stuff. Like um... anti... anti-human combat features." You opened your eyes wide to this, you even felt Papyrus grip your hand a little tighter. "O-Of course, when I noticed you and your sister were coming this way, I immediately decided, I have to remove those features!" She said trying to ease your mind.

"Well ok... did you?" You asked growing concerned for your safety.

"Eheheh, A-About th-that," she said growing more nervous. "Unfortunately I made a teensy mistake while trying to fix it. And um... Now he's an unstoppable killing machine with a thirst for human blood? Eheheheheheheheh..." She laughed awkwardly clearly feeling bad.

"Well... um... I guess all I have to ask you is... do you think I'm in danger?" You asked with a raised brow, both concerned for your own safety and the sake of yours and Undyne's new found friendship.

"Well um, as long as you don't run into him I think you'll be fine," Undyne said, not really nervous anymore seeing your reaction wasn't that bad.

"Oh... well ok I guess," You said scratching your neck. It was then silent for a few seconds. You took a breath in, about to mention anime but you heard a clang in the distance. Everyone seemed a little confused. Another clang out through the room.

"do you guys hear something?" Papyrus said as he gripped your hand a little tighter. You just hummed back, acknowledging his question but wanting to listen for more clangs. After a quick moment 5 more clangs rang out making the ground shake beneath all of your feet.

"Oh no," was all Undyne said before a hole was through the wall.