Chapter 27

Once a customer arrived, you and Papyrus quickly regained your composure. The monster in question looked like a little happy volcano. "Awww well aren't you just a little cutie~" you said as you leaned forward onto the counter to get a closer look at them. The little monster then began to giggle and blush softly as they looked toward Papyrus.

"Papyrus, who's the nice lady?" They asked in a soft voice.

"Emily, this is (y/n), " Papyrus said introducing yourself, "(Y/n) this is Emily, she's a Vulkin." Papyrus explained to you making you smile at the newfound information.

"Well hey there Emily, can I get you anything?" You asked seeing as Papyrus was busy holding onto you but at the same time you two were supposed to be running a hotdog stand or rather 'hotcat' as Papyrus had to make that a thing.

"I'll just have the usual hotdog with mustard," she said making you give her a playful wink and a finger gun.

"Alright, comin' right up," you said as you then bent at the waist in order to reach under the desk without wriggling out of Papyrus's hold. You could feel his grip loosen on you, however, to the point where he actually let go of you. Granted, it upset you a tad bit because you enjoyed him holding onto your waist, but you didn't want to say or do anything about it with Emily present. So you just shook it off and grabbed a pair of tongs in order to pull a hotdog off of a random hotdog roller machine that surprisingly fit under the counter. You then put the dog on a bun and applied the squiggled line of mustard before you pulled yourself back up to look at the little Vulkin. "Okie, here you go, Emily," you said as you held it in her direction. "Also, I dunno how much this costs," you suddenly realized and instead of thinking it to yourself, you thought it out loud.

Papyrus then chuckled at your external struggle. "Hun don't worry about it, I already took care of it. You were probably too busy to notice me and Ole Emily here talking," Papyrus said making Emily chuckle.

"Oh... well ok then, I guess you must be correct cause I have no idea what you said, Ehehehe," you ended that statement with an awkward laugh as you scratched the back of your neck. 

"Heh, it's ok hun, thanks for doing the hard work for me," Papyrus said as he ruffled your hair making you turn and face him with a dead panned face.

"You really are lazy if you think this is hard work, ya lazy bones," you said as you chuckled at your stupid joke and playfully punched his arm. This made both Papyrus and Emily laugh as well. "Anyway, Emily how do I... hand this to you?" You asked seeing as you were still holding the hotdog and Emily  technically didn't have hands.

"Oh! You can just set it on the counter." Emily said making you internally shrug as you set it in the countertop waiting to see what she'd do. Emily then faced her volcano-like top towards you both as she sucked the hotdog into her head like a vacuum cleaner. You were likely visibly shocked as you could feel your eyes stretch to the size of dinner plates. "Mmm... toasty hot dog," Emily said with her eyes closed as she was apparently eating the hotdog through the top of her head despite it just sitting there. "Thank you, nice lady!" She said happily as she walked away.

"Yeah... yeah no problem," you said without really thinking as you were mostly concerned with the issue of how she did that. Once she was out of earshot you somewhat voiced your confusion. "Huh... well... ok then," you said making Papyrus hum in response to your statement.

"What's wrong hun?" Papyrus asked as he wrapped his arms around your waist once again pulling you closer to his self making you smile.

"Oh, it's nothing, I was just confused as to how she did that whole thing," you said as you crisscrossed your arms and then held onto Papyrus.