Maryse

Perfectly Wrong - Shawn Mendes

Oli's POV:

I'm currently in my room and I hear a knock on my door
. " hey , my mom Maryse is here in the institute , Come meet her" .
I nod at Izzie " okay " .

We all walk into the training room to see a tall woman dressed In black studying Jace as he trains. She walks by us and Acknowledges Izzy . Clary looks at her confused " is your mom always like that, she didn't even hug you ? . " Izzy looks down at her feet" shadowhunters don't do hugs " .

Jace finishes his training and notices his mother. They hug each other and I can't help but notice how they hugged yet Izzie just said Shadow-hunters don't hug.

I glance over at Izzy and smile at her. Jace asks Maryse" where's max ?"
Izzy replies  " he's in Idris only mom is here with her hair on fire "

Alec comes walking in and hugs her. "welcome back, I' didn't know you were coming "
she sternly says " you should be prepared if I come or not " Alec stands with his hands behind his back acting professional

Maryse walks over to Clary and I .  " we have big problems " she starts circling us as if we're prey . She stops in front of me " and you must be Olivia Fairchild , I assume " I smile and nod " yes , but my name is Olivia Lewis " She gives me a look " In Idris we call you Fairchild" . She flicks her hair and carries on with her speech

" the seelie's have stopped communicating with the Clave and won't explain why , my guess is they're still upset we asked them to look for Valentine, no one in the realm will talk " Izzy looks at her mother proudly " I have seelie friends "Maryse turns around to Izzy
" I know about your 'friends ' "

She didn't need to spit it out like that , the heart wants what the heart wants . Maryse steps in front of Izzy " Isabelle , we stay separate from the downworlders for a reason , we say the wrong thing , the wrong move . Do  think there's such thing as a harmless rebellion ? Who knows what works with these creatures . Maybe you threw away one of our customs without knowing it " .

Jace glances at Alec and decides to step in " wait , I don't understand? Your giving out to Izzy for having a friend from the downworld?" Maryse gets close to Jace's face "it's a natural order , we have to play our part "

Clary asks her" a natural order , what are you saying ?"

Izzy clearly has tears in her eyes so I link my arm with hers.  " I can help "  Izzy whisper , fear in her eyes evident. Alec nods " she can ask Meliorn and I'll go with her if you want "
Maryse nods her head " Jace can go this time " .

She starts to walk out but stops" and Alec you can stay here with the Fairchild girls "
I roll my eyes , my name isn't Fairchild . " you can watch over them , Clary's caused enough trouble already "

" now Izzie and Jace with me " and with that, she storms out.
********

I was reading my book 'Me before You' . When Clary storms in with tears steaming down her face. I jump off the bed and hug her
" hey Clary what's wrong ?" .
She retreats from the hug, and takes a deep breath" what if we can't find the cup , my mom is going to die " . I place my fingers on her chin to lift up her head so she can look me in the eye . 
" Clary we are with the best people that can find your mom . It may take time but we will find her and and we will kill Valentine okay ?" .

I hug her and let my tears fall and we're crying together now . She stops and wipes the tears that are steaming down my face. "why are you crying?"

I sit on the bed behind me " everyone is calling me 'Fairchild' and I'm not a Fairchild , it makes me wonder. Have I been lied to my whole life? And does it mean I am your sister ?" I sniffle . She sits beside me and yet again we are hugging.

She breaks out of the hug and picks up my book " oh my god I heard about this book , is it good ?" . I cross my legs .

" it's so good . I won't tell you what happens but there's a guy that's paralyzed and he needs a worker and a girl decides to go for it" . Clary gave me a face that read 'really'? . "

"what that's all I can tell you , I don't want to ruin it " I laugh .

She stands off the bed" do you want to come to my loft with me ?" . I smile sadly and nod my head " okay, it'll be good for us to walk"

We walk for approximately 5 minutes . When I notice we are approaching Clary's Art School. She stops to look at it when all of a sudden her phone starts ringing. She try's to find it when I hear a voice behind me saying" why did you leave and why have an invincibility rune when your phone isn't on silent , it's very childish" . I smile at Alec sheepishly

Clary finds her phone and answers it  , ignoring Alec " Simon hey " she walks off to the tree .

Alec looks down at me " and why did you go with her ?" I just shrug my shoulders.  " I needed to go on a walk" he rolls his eyes .

We walk over to Clary and I hear her say" can we talk later , things are kind of crazy right now , things are kind of crazy killed a demon and lost my memories ,  I'm at the Brooklyn academy , I'm on my way to the loft. "

Alec whispers " hang up , we have to go now !"
Clary ignores him ." I'm fine I'm with Alec and Oli, okay okay you can come" . I glance at Alec rolling my eyes.

Alec grabs Clary's hand . " let's go " .

Clary pulls it away and stops " why' are you so grumpy all the time , is it because your in love with Jace "
Oh shit. How does she know , I never told her .

Alec scrunches his eyebrows "what do you mean ?" Clary laughs " I was there when that memory came out "

Alec looks away . " just forget it, you're in love with him " Clary crosses her arms " oh so the middle school come back " .

I step in between them and shout " will the both of you stop , who cares about who likes Jace. We all know he's good lucking now stop and let's go " I point my hands In front of us .