Healing

I don't own the Flash!!!

STAR labs
Barry sat with his head in his hands. He had just told Caitlin, Cisco, and Wells everything that had happened to Bella. Now he felt awful.

"I should have been faster! If I had been then she wouldn't have been..."

"Don't blame yourself Barry," Caitlin told him "if it's anyone's fault it's Girder's. Not yours, not Joe's, not Iris's, and certainly not your sister's."

"But..."

"No buts Barry Allen! It is not your fault. Now go be with your sister stupid!" Cisco said.

I sighed "I can't. The way she looks in that hospital bed is just to much. She can't even stand to be touched. I don't know when she'll be better. Or when she'll be well enough to get out. I can't stand it."

"How do you think she feels Barry?" Wells asked "She has just been through something horrific. She needs you now. Go. Be with your family."

I thought about it. Wells was right. "Okay." I said and sped off to see my sister.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Bella's POV
I hope they didn't call Bruce. God that would suck. But I knew they did. He would be here by tomorrow night at the latest. Why did I make him my emergency contact?

I sat in the hospital bed with my book, Iris had to leave, she was going to let work know that I was in the hospital for a while and Joe was sitting in a chair half asleep.

The door opened slowly. It creaked loudly and Joe sat up, now wide awake. In walked a blond man in a suit and tie.

"There you are Joe. Captain Sighn sent me down here to find you." He noticed me "Hey there, what's your name?" He reached out a hand for me to shake but I backed away, pressing myself against the back of the bed.

"Hey," Joe said "look at me Bella! Look at me! You don't need to be scared. This is my partner Eddie Thawne. He won't hurt you pumpkin."

Eddie looked worried "Is she okay?" He asked and Joe grabbed him by the collar and pulled him out of the room, nearly running over Barry on the way.

"I'm sorry I left! I was just scared and I shouldn't have run away. Please forgive me." Barry begged.

"Of course I forgive you Barry. I know it can't be easy for you either. But I do have a condition for my forgiveness."

"What is it? I'll do anything!" Barry was desperate.

"Once I get out of here," I paused for effect "I want to meet your friends."

Barry sighed in relief "Sure thing sis. Whatever you want."

"Good! Now get out of here. You have work to do." I laughed and he left smiling.

I was alone. The nurse came in every few hours to check my vitals and stuff, so sleeping was out of the question. Then, just as I was dozing off, the door opened and I sat bolt upright. Bruce was standing in the doorway, Alfred was behind him.

"Bruce! Alfred!" I gasped. I knew they would be here but not so soon. "Where are the kids?"

"Barbra is watching them." Bruce said gruffly "We had to see you. They told us everything. Are you alright?"

I couldn't help it. I broke down in tears, and Bruce, shedding his mask, took me in his arms and held me, gently rocking me back and forth. That's how I fell asleep, in my best friend's arms with Alfred guarding the door and keeping out the loud nurse.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Time skip: the next morning
Barry pushed open the door to his sister's hospital room to find her sound asleep, being held by a handsome, dark haired man. Joe, behind him, clapped his hands over Barry's mouth before he could scream. An older man stood up from the chair beside the bed and motioned for them to step outside. Once they were out and the door closed firmly by the stranger, Barry burst.

"Who was that holding my sister?!" He shouted.

"That was Bruce Wayne. I am his butler, my name is Alfred, we are friends of Bella's from Gotham. Mister Wayne is Miss Bella's emergency contact." Alfred said calmly.

"I thought we were her emergency contacts?" Joe asked, Barry was speechless with anger.

"You were, Yes. I assume you are Joe West, her adoptive father, and you are Barry Allen, her brother. She needed someone in town to be her emergency contact so she chose Bruce." Alfred told them. "They became very good friends during her time in Gotham."

"Well then, I guess we had better meet him then." Joe said and pulled the still speechless Barry into the room.

Word count: 793 words
No it isn't very long, but I started school today so cut me some slack. I'm sorry. Please read, comment, vote, and add to your reading lists!
-The Author