Rogue Time

I don't own the Flash!!!

Barry screamed as he ran, ran faster than he ever had before. Time seemed to slow and warp as he ran. Then he screeched to a halt. He was on the same street he'd taken to get to the morgue only days ago. The same people were around him shouting the same things.

"Oh, boy." He muttered.

"Hey, what's going on?" Cisco's voice came through the comms "Dude?"

"Yeah, Cisco. I'm...here..."

"What happened? Why'd you stop?" Cisco asked.

"I just got a little disoriented." It wasn't a lie.

"Well, you need to make up some time, man." Cisco said "You better hurry up."

"Hurry? What are you—?" Barry gasped.

"Hurry, as in get to the morgue."

"The morgue?" Barry was confused "I was there. Yesterday."

"What are you talking about?" Cisco was getting very worried about his friend "Come on, you gotta go."

Barry looked around once more, sighed, and flashed off to the morgue.

***

Barry peaked around the corner into the morgue, no longer wearing his Flash suit.

Joe walked up to him "Hey, Barr. What's with all the water? Did the sprinkler system go off or something?"

"What?" Barry was confused "No, I checked the sprinklers. They're all intact. But the water has ice in it." He walked over to the dead body of the coroner "And the bruises on the coroner aren't just on his face. Check-Look at his torso."

Joe pulled the man's shirt up, revealing the multiple, painful looking bruises on his chest "Whoa. How the hell did you know that?"

"He was killed by hail." Barry remembered the recording from yesterday "We need to listen to the recording."

"Recording?" Joe asked.

Eddie joined them "Joe, we got something. The coroner's office just installed an automated dictation system. Listen to this."

"Please...no more..." The coroner's voice begged.

"I'll stop when you tell me." Mardon's voice responded.

"Just stop!" Pleaded the coroner.

Mardon snarled "Who killed him?"

"It's Mark Mardon." Barry breathed "He wants revenge."

Joe and Barry stared at each other as the recording played the coroner's  screams.

***

Back at STAR Labs, Cisco, Caitlin, and Bella were coming out of the elevator.

"And I really don't want to go." Cisco complained.

"He's your brother, Cisco." Caitlin reminded him.

"And sometimes brothers suck." Bella pointed out "Look at mine."

"Okay well, how bad can a birthday party be?" Caitlin asked.

"Um, my folks think Dante's stink, don't stink." Cisco rolled his eyes "Doesn't matter how much he screws up, or how many times he gets into trouble. In their eyes he can do no wrong. And yet, they never fail to remind me that I can do no right."

"What if we came with you?" Caitlin asked, stopping Cisco and Bella outside the Cortex.

"What? Seriously?" Cisco asked.