Out of Time Part 2

I don't own The Flash!!!

Recap
"Joe," Dr. Wells rolled forward "We'll find Mardon. Don't worry."

"I'm not worried at all." And an obviously worried Joe left the Cortex.

Now
"Yeah, Who else doesn't believe him?" Bella asked and everyone raised their hands.

"Well, he's taking being targeted by a revenge-seeking meta-human rather well, I must say." Dr. Wells said with a hint of sarcasm clear in his tone "Don't worry, Barry, Bella. Joe will be fine, I promise."

"Yeah, no, I know." Barry waited until Caitlin and Cisco had left the room and tried not to seem nervous "Uh, I actually wanted to talk to you about something else."

"Mm-hmm?"

"Um...look, last night, on my way to the morgue," Barry took a deep breath "I saw something."

"What'd you see?" Asked Bella, curiously.

"I was running and I turned and I saw myself. Or I don't know, another Flash running beside me." Barry tried to explain.

"Interesting." Dr. Wells mused.

"Yes, very." Bella agreed.

"Yeah. What do you think it was?" Barry asked the two smartest people in his life.

"Could be an optical illusion..." Dr. Wells thought aloud.

"Or a mirroring effect," Bella joined him "Caused by wind sheer and light, a speed mirage, if you think about it."

"It didn't seem like that." Barry shook his head "It was...he seemed real."

"I tell you what." Dr. Wells rolled forward slightly "Let's focus on finding Mardon, and once he's safely contained in the pipeline, we'll investigate this." And he rolled away.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

At the Police Station, Captain Singh was chatting with two of his detectives Joe and Eddie as well as Barry.

"Where are we with Mardon?" He asked.

"No one at the morgue saw or heard anything." Eddie told his boss.

"We're canvassing known associates, seeing if he reached out to anybody." Said Joe "Maybe we can get a lead on where he's holed up."

"All right," the Captain set down his papers "why don't we let Thawne do that?"

"Because nobody knows the Mardon brothers better than I do. I mean Chyre and I tracked them for years." Joe argued "I know how they think."

"Which is why you should coordinate the investigation from here." Signh ordered.

Joe stared for a moment then left the room, clearly angry. Barry and Eddie followed him.

Bella had been hanging out with Iris and was now walking into the CCPD with her best friend/sister. They saw Joe, Eddie, and Barry talking conspiratorially and headed over to them.

"Hey sweethearts." Joe hugged the two girls.

"Hey, Dad." Iris greeted.

"How're you doing?" Bella asked.

"Mm." Joe kissed Iris's forehead loudly.

"Hi." Iris turned to her boyfriend.

"Hey." Was his short reply before walking away.

Bella looked at her friend and conveyed a silent message to her, 'I'll make sure he's okay.'

Iris stared after him before asking "So, what are you guys working on? You got any good leads for an honest reporter?"