Chapter 6 Lost But Found Again

Absolute Star

Chapter 6 - Lost but Found Again

~~~

I wandered about for around ten minutes, before completely giving up. I ended up in a forest of some kind. I looked around, not recognising anything. Seriously, where was I? I managed to find my way out of the forest, but ended up in a crazy place. Everyone was screaming ‘K-SEE!’, whilst Samuels’ face showed up on the huge screens in front of them. So, was Samuel’s idol name K-See?

I looked around, feeling very detective like. Then I realised my foot was acheing like hell. These shoes weren’t really made for trekking through forests… My sports trainers would’ve been better. Surely, if I went back the way I came, I would get back to the White Agency, right? Then I could get on a bus or something. Unfortunately for me, there was no way I could get back anyway in time. If mum, dad and Ammy were home, they would be worrying about why I wasn’t home, then they’d call Ray… then everything would be over…

The least I could do was keep going. If I asked someone in the crowd, they would probably know.

“Excuse me? Do you know the way back to Maple Avenue in Masterson?” I asked the first person I saw. She looked at me for about two seconds before going back to screaming ‘K-SEE!’. I sighed, deciding that no one in this crowd would be able to tell me the way back.  I saw an information building, and headed straight for it.

“Excuse me, could I have directions to Masterson?” I asked the lady in reception.

“Oh, I’m afraid the only way to get there is by train. There isn’t a footpath from here to Masterson. I’m sorry.”

Damn it! Why didn’t I bring my purse? Or my phone for that matter? Wasn’t my phone with me 24/7? So why, today of all days did I have to forget it?!

“Okay then… well thanks.”

She nodded curtly and I went back outside into the fan mob. Now it was almost impossible to get home. I had no money, no phone, or any kind of transport. All I had was my acheing feet and a brain that was close to shutting down and going to sleep. I strolled down the street for a bit, before a car stopped me, driving straight into the pavement. Suddenly, Samuel came out with sunglasses on.

“S-Samuel?”

“What are you doing here Amy?” he asked. I sneezed before answering.

“I’m a bit lost…”

“Yeah, I see that. I’m on my way to a fan meeting, so you can go in my car back.”

“You drive?”

“No, it’s my car but I don’t drive. My brother does.”

A guy came out with his hair spiked up, making him look pretty hot. He winked at me, before I averted my gaze to the ground.

“Well, thank you,” I replied. I bowed my head before going opening the passenger seat door.

“Ang, don’t do anything bad okay?”

“Sure thing lil bro.”

I sat down in the seat and quickly put my seatbelt on.

“So where ya heading?” he asked, beginning to drive away.

“Maple Avenue. It’s quite an empty street - my house is at the end of it.”

“Oh, Maple Avenue - the posh one right? I bet your house is huge…”

“Oh no, it’s not that big,” I answered. But to be honest, it kinda was.

I felt a bit uncomfortable sitting in Samuel’s car… and in his seat. With his brother next to me.

“So, tell me about’cha.”

“Well… I’m Amy, I’m in year ten -”

“Not that kinda stuff. Like… what kinda guys do ya like?”

I blushed at this. Surely, I couldn’t say Samuel, right? And surely, it was okay to lie once in a while right?

“Actually, I’ve already got a boyfriend. He’s called Cody.”

Great, use your best friend’s brother’s name. Who’s actually thirteen.

“Oh really? Sure ya don’t have a crush on me?”

I blushed again, swallowing.

“I-I don’t.”

We turned into Maple Avenue, and I stopped him before he could get halfway.

“Don’t let my parents see that I came home in a convertible! If they’re home they might think someone stole their car!”

He laughed, before stopping the car. I thanked him before running back to the house. Sugar. Mum and dad were home.

“Oh honey, you’re home?” mum called from the kitchen. She didn’t seem very surprised… so far it was okay. “I called your mobile, but you didn’t answer.”

“Yeah… I kinda forgot it.”

“AMY!” Ammy shouted, jumping into my arms. I laughed whilst she waved her hands around. 

I put her down and made my way up the stairs. I opened my bedroom door and sat down on my double bed. Ammy came in soon after, and I decided to ask her some questions.

“Ammy, what time did you, mummy and daddy come home?”

“Hmm… five minutes ago!”

Five minutes… six thirty-two? I helped Ray with her maths homework for nine hours and thirty-or-so minutes? Wow. For just maths…

“Did mummy and daddy say anything about me when you got home?”

“Yes! They said ‘I wonder why Amy’s not home yet’!” she replied, using a low voice, obviously trying to imitate dad.

“Thanks Ammy, you’re really helpful!” I ruffled her hair, before deciding to plait it.

Whilst I plaited her hair, I thought of becoming a teen idol. Singing, dancing, acting, being on peoples walls 24/7... I guess it wouldn’t be that bad. Ammy grinned as I showed her what she looked like.

“Awesome! You’re amazing Amy! Thanks!”

I smirked, flicking my hair. She skipped out of my room, and I sat back down. Now the only thing on my mind, was what to say to mum and dad!

~~~

NEXT CHAPTER PREVIEW!

Phew, what a day! I think it's about time I told mum and dad about this 'idol' buisness. I wonder if they'll let me? I am supposed to become a maths teacher - or some other amazing thing like that. Meanwhile... why does Cody look so down?

Next chapter - Chapter 7 The Confession

A/N: SO... how's this chapter?? Hehe, I was eating Ben & Jerry's whilst writing this! Cookie dough... 8-) Vote, comment, fan if you really like it! x