Chapter 12 The Result

Absolute Star

Chapter 12 - The Result

~~~

~The Star Household 21:48~

I jumped onto my soft bed, sighing. Sleeping on the floor certainly wasn’t very comfortable… I was looking forward to some good sleep tonight! I cuddled my bunny, Wendy, which I won at a fair a couple of years ago. I looked at myself in the mirror. I didn’t look that bad with my hair down, and curled. It was usually wavy, so having it curly was really nice. My nails were still painted blood red, which I was pleased about. In my collection of twenty nail-varnishes, I was missing my favourite one - red. I had run out a couple of months ago, and was deadly missing it.

Whilst I brushed my teeth, Eddie came knocking.

“Amy? Sorry I couldn’t come tonight. I was quite busy with my maths,” he said.

“Jats ogay!” I mused with my toothbrush still in my mouth. Then I realised what it sounded like.

That’s so gay.

I quickly spat out the toothpaste and unlocked the door. Eddie looked star struck, and gulped.

“I’m sorry! I meant ‘that’s okay’!” I said. He laughed, and shoved my shoulder.

“Hurry up, I want you to tell me what happened!”

I rinsed my mouth out with water and splashed some on my face. The coldness was refreshing, and I wiped it with my flannel. I went out back into my room and saw Eddie sitting at my desk, looking at the pictures I had drawn. Oops. 

“No! Don’t look at them!” I shouted, grabbing them off the table.

“They’re great sis! You’re amazing at drawing!”

“No! They’re terrible!” The drawings were statues of Greek gods, and most of them weren’t wearing anything. I immediately blushed, breathing heavily.

“Okay, fine! Put them away and tell me!” I opened a drawer and put them under some text books. I grimaced, sitting on my bed. He grinned, and I began.

“So basically, I had to sing, dance, act and play an instrument,” I started. I told him everything I could, going way past eleven. Well that was my good night’s sleep gone. Plus, there was still bloody school tomorrow!

“Can I tell you more tomorrow? It’s just I don’t want to wake up late tomorrow,” I said, yawning. He nodded, said good night, then left. I was already in my bunny pyjamas, so I climbed into bed, going under the covers. After a quick game of Temple Run on my iPod, I went to sleep.

~06:50~

(ring, ring)

I tapped the alarm button on my phone, and yawned. My eyes hardly opened, so I shut them, telling myself to open them in five minutes. After that half-snooze, I clambered out of bed, going though the pile of clothes at the foot of my bed. Mum had washed them, and folded them up. I found my uniform and slipped it on. I decided not to wear tights, and to wear knee high socks. The skirt wasn’t that short, but most girls pulled it up. After buttoning up my blazer, I got a brush and began attacking my hair. Five minutes later, it was smooth and soft, so I French plaited it. My fringe flopped down on my right eye (as usual), so I clipped it back with a butterfly clip. I put a miniscule bit of eye liner on, and some mascara. My rose earrings were already on so I sprayed some J’adore on. I rushed into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. It was already half past seven! Running down the stairs, I grabbed my bag which already had all my books in. Shoot… I hadn’t done any of my homework!

My heart began beating really, so I gulped down a cup of water. I never forgot to hand in my homework! Surely, since there were only three weeks left of term, they would let me off? No way. I took a banana from the bowl of fruit and unpeeled it.