Chapter 17 Samuel's Resolve

Absolute Star

Chapter 17 Samuel's Resolve

~~~

I gingerly picked up the phone, pressing the green button.

“Hello?”

“Amy.”

“Samuel?”

“Please forgive me, for what I said. You were right. I’m sure my dad only saved the guy out of his pure kindness… I was wrong to even try to kill them.”

I was taken aback by this sudden approach. It’d been so long I had almost forgotten all about hating him. “I think… as long as you know what you did was back it should be fine…”

“So you forgive me?”

“Why not?” Was there anything else to do?

“That’s good. Now I can stay rest assured that I can still like you without having an unrequited love relationship.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I like you Amy.”

I almost dropped the phone. 

My brain shut down for a few moments, interpreting what he had just said.

“What did you say?” I asked, trying to make sure.

“I, like, you, Amy.”

“That can’t be right. You hate me don’t you?”

He chuckled. “No. I’ve never hated you. In fact I had feelings for you when we met looking at the score board. When I was first and you were second, and when you stormed off with a red face.”

The memories came back to me.

I was running towards the board which listed the top fifty students in the year. I was usually first, not to brag or anything. Crowds of people had gathered to see if they were on the list - if they were they got enlisted for a special club solely for studying. Most people couldn’t care less, but others desperately wanted to go to the club. It was completely silent - anyone who spoke would be kicked out.

I pushed my way through, and ran my eyes up the list, fifty to one. There I was. But… who was that above me? Samuel? The new transfer student from my class? Impossible! He never answered any questions or anything! However good looking he was, this was going too far. He was right next to me as well. I blew my fringe into the air and walked away. How could this happen? Argh!

I laughed. It was funny how stubborn I used to be. “You know what? I had a thing for you at that time too. When you first came… I figured you were too stupid to answer anything. That’s why I was so angry… no one else could compare to my scores. I know it sounds stuck-up, but for the past few years I had always gained first. Anyway… what did you mean just now, about you liking me without being in an unrequited love relationship?”

“Oh. I asked a fan what I should say to a secret lover. She told me to ask her to forgive me, and if she did she would like me too. Sounds silly but I’m glad it worked. I’m moving towards L.A now, and doing some fan meetings there. Don’t worry. Now that I know you like me too, I won’t ever let you go.”

The line went dead, but I kept holding the phone next to my ear. The disunion between us had gone. I was sure he liked me, unless he was just kidding with me. A tear slipped down my cheek. I wasn’t quite sure if it was a sad or happy one. I went to sleep with happy thoughts.

~The Next Day 17:21~

“Your break’s nearly over, why don’t you drink this them get changed?” she suggested. I nodded and took a sip. Liz came over to me - she was a minor part in the first episode. My sister, who knew the me before as well.