chapter 3

What emperor Il is dead and Yona and Hak are missing. What is this? I just saw them yesterday.  How can something like this happening over night it's impossible. I thought to myself whilst a royal messenger related this information to me." Thank you are now relieved."

"Thank you Lady Y/n" He bowed before disappearing.
Without thinking I rode nonstop to wards the palace demanding answers. I couldn't be bothered with the guards so I opted with the sneaking in option.

"Suwon what happened?" I asked looking into his blue eyes.

"Someone has killed Emperor Il and Hak and Yona are nowhere to be found." He said looking away from my gaze. Something in his words and the way he said them made me doubt him. But this man, this man in me known ever since we were kids. I couldn't help myself but to doubt him. I nodded whilst I attempted to take in this information.

I just stood there silent and numb. All I could do was to take deep breaths and wish, wish that all of this was just some cruel nightmare that I could awake from. I stood there for what felt like hours before I felt Su-won's arms around me. I think he needed it, so I just stood there for a minute before we broke apart.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered a tear was threatening to leave my eye.

Su-won's eyes just widened as he seemed like he didn't know what to do with my silence or what to make of it." I-I'm sorry that's all." I said trying to fan of any worry that he had.

"What do you have to be sorry for?" He asked looking into my eyes his expression laced with confusion.

"I could've been here with her I I." So many other possibilities raced through my head.

"Y/n there's not much you could be done to protect them." But there was something I could've done. I felt my wings tense. "Suwon in light of previous events I believe I am unable fit to been serving the Crown. "

"Y/n you can't-"

"Oh yes I can, as punishment of failing Yona Hime and his majesty I Y/n of the wind tribe shoul quit the palace gaurd and leave this place."

All Suwon did was just puff his chest out and just agreed to my terms and conditions."Y/n regardless of having been a friend of the Crown for years I should yield you are now free."

"Thank you sir." I bowed as I left the room. Oddly enough as it distanced myself from the castle more assad more the more I could feel Yona Hime's lingering presence and I was determined to find her if it was the last thing I do.

A/n

The end of yet another chapter please tell me your thoughts and feelings.