chapter 18- A wake up call

We were taking the long route to avoid having to bump into many soldiers. According to Kija the other dragon was in this direction.

"Yun do we have any extra food." I asked.

"Why?" Then sudden realization don't tell me." Y/n why didn't you take me with you last time!?" He said his voice shaking.

"Huh." Hak asked.

"It was fine I didn't use too much energy last time." I muttered.

"Be careful."

"Healing what? "

"As an angel I'm able to heal people but it's limited and it weakens me over a certain period of time."

"Why do you have to act so strong y/n?" I only shrugged and smiled.

Hak's eyes only widened." Is this why your squadron only had minor injuries and you'd have to have days, sometimes of rest." Hak exclaimed All I could do is evade eye contact ." Y/n you were coughing blood last time." He was so mad at me that he took hold of my shoulder.

"You two calm do-"
"Y/N."

I was interrupted by a small child."It's my grandma she's dying."

The next thing I knew I took of and ran to their house with yun on my arm and the others confused following us.

"Y/n." a youngish looking brunette gasped.

"Hi Celia is granny Rose around?"

She didn't say anything.

I heard faint coughs come from the corner. I rushed over to see a thinner looking Rose than last time." Y/n, please no."

My heart started to pound. Not another one.

"Don't be silly." I whispered frantically ."Granny Rose we can give you medicine and-"

"It is my time."

"B-But."

"No buts let me leave this for the paradise of heaven." With that her haggard eyes started to twindle. Tears started to brim in my eyes. "Um I just need a minute." I said my eyes starting to sting. I walked briskly out into the woods.

Yona's Pov

We had ran after Y/n when we got to a small, decrepit house. I heard her sniffling with an old woman's wheezin and then it stopped. The small fragments of seemingly idle chatter stopped....

Y/n ran out of the cottage her face looked flushed and I knew in an instant what happened." What happend." I asked.

"The king and generals all abandoned villages like this."

"But why do they know-"

"Y/n she would collect bounties and do some trade to collect money even go without eating to help villages like these."

"Y/n" I whispered, thinking about all the times she would go for weeks maybe months.... just travelling." Then why didn't she ask for help why does she-"

"King Il." Yun simply answered back. Hak started to shake and launch of following her.

"My father."

"Yep Princess while your father was keeping the 'peace' he neglected these villages whatever resources that we has went to appeasing other countries."

"Yun I think that is unnecessary." Kija Interjected.

"What, the princess might as well know what has been happening." Yun continued."I'm sorry. "

I felt tears starting to well in my eyes. One escaped. I've been so sheltered and ingnorant now. My friend. My sister. I see a man parched for water. I dive to tend to him.

"Yona you might get ill."

"I don't care." I'll do this to pay for my father's sins. I'll do this to make my sister proud. I'll do this for my country. These I'll covenant with my very soul!

Y/n POV

I'd turn around to see a tall man trail behind me with a strong build." Go away Hak." I exclaimed.

"No I won't."

I walked further. Feeling this invisible tether slow me down. His strong arms pulled me in. From the back." I'm so sorry." I broke down. I felt myself let go.

"Come on hash it out." He said looking up nonchalantly.

"Hak you idiot." I cried conceiving and nuzzling in his arms.

"I know." He whispered.