Dead Body, Empty Mind

The fourth death was All Might-the Symbol of Peace, the Number one Hero, Hope. Watching him die tore a hole through Izuku's chest that no number or resets could ever hope to undo. It wasn't just the fact that All Might was his idol, his own personal hero... But this was All Might. If someone as great as him could be defeated-what did this mean for the rest of the world?

This iteration started out much like the previous. The difference was that this time, through a series of desperate actions on Izuku's part, Aizawa survived his bloody encounter with the noumu. Izuku gripped his partially crumbled arm tightly, an ill-fitting triumphant grin decorating his face. It took him two tries-that purple monster was fast-but his injured arm was a low price compared to keeping both his and Eraserhead's life. Nothing worth a reset, even if the pain did force him to grit his teeth tightly to prevent the torrent of tears that fought to escape his leaking sockets. Now they just had to wait for All Might, who should be here any second-

A loud crash reverberated throughout the building as the double doors to leading into the USJ blew off its hinges. Izuku smiled, even when All Might did not.

A fierce battle quickly ensued, good versus evil. And although it looked bad, although All Might's punches seemed worryingly ineffective against the purple monster with the bulging brain, barely even leaving so much as a mark on that inky skin, that smile stayed on his face. Because this was All Might, and there was no way he'd ever lose!

Izuku had gone through so much, seen too much, but it would finally be over. He could finally rest-maybe take a sick week off or two after this. Because it was

finally

over.

Izuku's sunshine smile died and turned to night when the noumu tore All Might stomach open. It wasn't unlike his own, first death at the USJ. He wondered if the pain All Might felt was just as terrible.

Shigaraki laughed, loud and grating. The nauseating sound of nails on skin, fervently scratching and leaving tiny streams of blood behind, and the mad cackling was the only noise that dared to break the smothering silence. "HE'S DEAD! DEAD, DEADDEADDEAD! THE FAKE SYMBOL OF PEACE IS DEAD!"

Izuku barely even registered his own movements. He felt limp, muscles numb. He couldn't feel his body, but the figure of a gloating and raving Shigaraki was growing larger.

A hand that did not belong to him grabbed onto a sickly pale one. Without prompting, his body brought the other's hand close to his face. At this distance, he noticed small spider like cracks littering the ashen skin.

But even in the state he found himself in, living in static, he could not bring himself to complete the motion. The hand rested, trembling, in front of jade green eyes. A few unbearable second passed in anticipation, before thin fingers wrapped around wet, freckled cheeks; enclosing them, squeezing tight, tighter, tighter-life turning to ash.

Distantly, someone screamed.