Chapter 2

Once we got home I breathed a sigh of relief

Once we got home I breathed a sigh of relief. This was now the only place I knew that was safe, even if it was a junkyard.
I slowed down to a stop and transformed, but Hound sped right in there and dropped a cluster bomb.
"Yo!" cried a dark, skinny man, coming out of the 'house'. It was really a garage.
"What's your problem, dude?" Hound asked.
"Next time, ease on the brakes!" Lenny shouted.
"It's the way I roll, I like to make a statment when I arrive," Hound replied.
"Well you're getting dust all over the campus!" Lenny said.
"This ain't no campus, it's a junkyard," Hound retorted.
"Hound," Blue Moon said,"can you keep it down a bit please? Seigin just barely fell asleep."
Hound nodded,"Sorry."
"How is he?" I asked, approaching my friend.
Blue Moon was cradling a tiny sparkling with silver and blue armor. She had given birth a couple months ago and although it had been a blessing, it had also been pretty scary and stressful.
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Nine months ago...
I couldn't find Blue Moon in her regular spot, or anywhere else. I was beginning to get scared, because she was on the last month and the sparkling could be born any day now.
Suddenly I saw Drift run up to Aura in a panic.
"Come quickly!" he said,"She's going into labor!"
I followed them to where Blue Moon was lying on a make-shift berth we had put together for this purpose. She was straining and panting.
Aura, having had more experience in helping soon-to-be-mothers give birth, immediately took charge.
"Drift, I'm going to have to ask you to leave," she told the mech,"Orchid, fill this bowl with water and bring me plenty of tough sticks for her to bite down on."
I took the bowl and ran over to the junkyard's pump. I pumped water in until it was filled nearly to the brim before racing back to Aura. Then I ran off again into the nearby forest to grab some sticks.
Once I had quite a large pile, I deposited that too.
"Good, now keep Drift calm," Aura told me, meaning I was dismissed.
I rounded the corner to see Drift pacing anxiously. When he saw me, he immediately wished to see his Sparkmate.
"Whoa! Hold on, Drift," I said, sitting him down,"These things take time. You must be patient."
Drift sighed and looked longingly at the small hut where Aura was with Blue Moon.
"What's going on?" Kamicazii asked, coming up to us.
"Blue Moon just went into labor," Drift replied.
Kamicazii also wanted to see, but I stopped her, telling the femme that Aura didn't want a whole crowd around her while she was working.
One by one everyone came and found out. Hound was the most excited for Drift.
"You'll have a sparkling of your own to care for," he told his friend.
Drift smiled,"Yes. I will."
Blue Moon let out a particularly loud scream and I saw Drift flinch.
Bumblebee sat beside the samurai and wrapped his arms around his friend to comfort him.
After sitting around for what felt like ages, we all heard it...
The blessed cry of a newborn sparkling.
Aura came out and told Drift he could see his Sparkmate now.
He stood up and took a deep breath.
"Hey, tell us if it's a mech or femme when you come out again," Kamicazii told him.
Drift went into the little hut, looking excited. Why wouldn't he be? It was his first sparkling!
When he came out, he was supporting Blue Moon, but they were both grinning from audio to audio at the little bundle of blankets in Blue Moon's arms.
They stopped in front of us, and Blue Moon shifted the blankets a bit so we could all see...a sweet baby mech!
Kamicazii clapped a servo over her mouth to keep from squealing. He was so cute!
His optics were open, and they glowed blue and purple. He looked at us with curiosity.
"What are you going to name him?" I asked.
Drift and Blue Moon looked at each other, then back at us and said at the same time,"Seigin."
¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Seigin had the same color blue as his mother, but had a few bluey-silver high-lights. He looked more like his father, with an almost matching little helmet and armor. Seigin was too little to say full words yet, but he could make amusing sounds.
Seigin wasn't the only little blessing to us. About a year ago, Strafe had mated with all three Dinobots and given birth to a little T-rex, a little pterodactyl, and a little trycerotops.
But the littke spinosuorous had never been born. Instead, Strafe and Scorn had gone off to create a herd, being true Sparkmates.
Cade took care of the baby Dinobots mostly, and they looked up to him as their father. He had even named them.
The T-Rex was...T. The pterodactyl was Terry. The trycerotops was Jenny.
Me, I was now starting to seriously consider having sparklings. Every night I would look up at the stars, and kiss my digits and blow that kiss to the heavens.
I wanted Optimus back. I missed him so much. It had almost been a year and a half now, the longest we have ever been apart since falling in love.
Our bond was still strong, and I sent Optimus positive messages through it whenever I saw fit. He never replied, probably being in stasis and all deep in space, but a spark's bond is infinite.
******************************
That night, I went to sit at the southwest corner of the junkyard. I sat on a pile of scrapped cars and lifted my helm to the stars.
I didn't pick a star to think of him, I had chosen the moon. Because he was my sun and moon.
Now, as usual, I kissed the tips of my digits and blew toward the huge orb. It was a full moon tonight.
As I was getting up to leave, I suddenly felt something from Optimus. Confusion. Devastation. Sadness. Anger.
I sent him a message of pure joy. I felt his spark register it and he sent me a message back. Love.
My spark leapt in my chest with joy. Optimus was still alive! Not on Earth, but perhaps...
On Cybertron?

Author's Note: This is a picture I drew of Seigin and Optimus and Orchid's sparkling

Author's Note: This is a picture I drew of Seigin and Optimus and Orchid's sparkling. They are both a few years older, but I just had to draw a picture of both of them playing together.
I hope you are enjoying the story so far.😇