Chapter 14

Okay I am not evil

Okay I am not evil. I don't look evil. I don't talk evil.
But whatever Quintessa did to my body, I looked crazy evil and sounded the part too.
I saw Orchid crouched in the shadows, her optics wide as they followed my empty chassis with fear.
Viviane gave Not-me the staff and I watched as...I left.
Then Bumblebee ran after Not-me, then Orchid followed.
I ran after her. I couldn't do anything if she got hurt, but I just wanted to be with her and see what happens instead of being in intense agony not knowing what actually was happening.
The ship was moving now, rising up out of the water.
I burst out into the water to see Bee throw his hammer at Not-me's back-plates.
Orchid deployed her wings underwater and I watched as she used them to propel herself forwards faster. She passed Bumblebee and slammed into Not-me hard.
I hoped that none of the injuries my chassis recieved would pass on once I got my body back.
The ship came out of the water a little bit, but it churned up the ocean so huge, violent waves would often wash over the top. They were strong enough to knock a mech off his peds.
And that's just what they did. I saw Not-me, Orchid, and Bumblebee go sliding after a huge wave hit them.
Me, I was fine, being a ghost and all.
Orchid punched, but Not-me caught it and flipped her over his helm to slam her against the ship. She blocked his next attack with her staff and rolled Not-me over her body and got up.
Bumblebee hit Not-me in the face-plates with his hammer.
The fight went on like this for a while. Orchid would hit, then Bumblebee would hit, then Orchid again.
Until Not-me suddenly grabbed Orchid by the neck-cables, punched her twice in the face-plates, then stabbed her with his sword before tossing her aside.
Orchid hit the ground hard and didn't move.
"No!" I shouted and ran over to her.
Golden energon leaked from her wound and mouth. Her optics were closed and her body was limp. I prayed she was just unconscious and not dead.
I desperately tried to stop the bleeding, but to no avail. My servos kept phasing through her.
I was starting to panic, and Not-me was tearing Bumblebee apart behind me.
"Aaah!" I screamed,"Larkspur, where are you?"
The little green cyber-dragon appeared right by Orchid's helm. He curled up on her chest-plate and I watched as a green tear slipped out of his purple optic onto her armor.
A green aura surrounded the femme and I watched as the wound closed up and stopped bleeding out. There was still energon stains, but once she woke up she would be fine.
I looked up sadly at Not-me. Quintessa had twisted and ruined my life ever since I set ped on Cybertron that day. She had attempted to enslave me, kill the one person I held closest to my spark, and was now trying to abolish one of my closest friends.
I would not allow her to harm any more people today.
I sprinted just as Not-me was about to impale Bumblebee with a sword and jumped to tackle my body in the hopes it would feel something and abort.
"I am Bumblebee, your oldest friend," Bumblebee suddenly said, in his real voice,"Optimus, I would lay down my life for you."
I realized that I was suddenly kneeling over the mech. I had my body back!
But I was not happy.
"Bumblebee," I said softly,"your voice. I had not heard it since Cybertron fell."
Orchid ran up, ready to fight, but when she saw me, she stopped.
I looked down at the sword in my servo. It had Orchid's golden energon mixed with Bumblebee's blue.
"What...have I...done," I whispered, dropping the blade with a clatter. I felt immensly sad.
Suddenly, a mech crashed into me!
It was...Megatron? With a new look.
"I knew you couldn't do it," he sneered, ripping the staff from my chest,"You are useless, Optimus."
He grabbed my helm so he could hiss in my audio.
"You are worthless. You turned your back on Cybertron. Now you will watch Earth die!"
Him and the other mech both transformed and flew off. Probably towards Cybertron, which I could see entering Earth's atmosphere right now.
"Optimus, watch out!" Orchid suddenly screamed.
I turned my helm just as a Knight punched me hard.
I collapsed as pain shot through me. The Knights began beating me, punishing me for joining Quintessa.
"Quintessa is the great Deceiver!" one yelled, hitting me with the flat of his blade.
Another nearly broke my back-plates with his axe. I was weak, hurt, and about to die.
I could hear Orchid screaming in the background as one of the Knights held her down so she could not protect me. Another was holding Bumblebee, and yet another holding Kamicazii.
"The judgement is...death!" the one who had smacked me with his sword said, spinning the lethal blade to decapitate me.
"No!" Orchid screamed.
And so did Cade, but as he did, a long sword appeared in his hands and he blocked the Knight's sword with incredible strength and skill.
The Knights all stepped back and let my friends go. Orchid was at my side in an instant, holding me close as her healing powers washed over me, fixing me up.
The Knights had calmed down and were not so keen on executing me anymore.
"Seyglas ni tonday," they all chanted in unison, lifting their weapons to hail the new Knight. Cade Yeager.
"Cade, I have failed you," I said, then looked at Orchid, Bumblebee and Kamicazii,"All of you. I have doomed Earth. Earth. The only planet, whose people let me call it...home."
Orchid held me tighter, still shooting evil glares at the Knights.
"We can't do it without you, Prime," Cade said,"One shot it's all we got. And without you...we all die."
I took a few seconds to process these words, then felt a rush of the old Optimus Prime come back.
"My brothers," I addressed the Knights, getting up,"I will never betray you again. To save Earth, we must go to Cybertron, and destroy Quintessa."