Chapter 3

I crashed into Cybertron hard, with only my shield to take the brunt of the impact

I grunted as I stood up. As I looked around, more and more anger aroused in my spark.
"My world!" I gasped,"What...has happened to my world?"
Suddenly I felt pure joy. At first I was confused, then I remembered my Sparkmate...Orchid. She had felt me come out of stasis and was sending me happy signaks.
I did not wish her to be upset, so I sent some joyful emotions of my own.
But...Cybertron.
It looked worse than I remembered. It was fractured, held together by only a few cables. It looked horrifying.
"Your world is dying," replied suddenly a soft, echoey voice replied from inside a large chamber I had landed near.
"Come, Optimus," the voice beckoned,"I have been waiting for you. Come meet your maker."
I walked into the large room, anger building up once more.
"You...you are my Creator?" I asked, fighting to keep myself calm.
"I am Quintessa," a small Cybertronian femme replied. Long, shimmering tentacles of metal made up her dress and hair,"The Prime of Life."
That voice. So aggravating.
"What have you done to my home?!" I growled, swinging my sword at her tiny figure.
She whirled and knocked my blade aside with a blast of energy. Then strong chains latched onto my arms and legs, holding me down no matter how hard I strained.
Quintessa threw another ball of energy into my spark.
Pain flooded my senses, forcing me to my knees. My vision flashed with black and white spots.
"You dare to strike your god?" Quintessa hissed, hitting me with another ball of energy.
I cried out in pain. Through my bond with Orchid, I could sense agony and confusion.
I was vaguely aware of a large combiner coming up behind me. He reminded me of a few ancient cravings of Unicron.
"Your war destroyed Cybertron," Quintessa accused.
I twisted my helm to get a better look at the huge mech,"Megatron started the war."
Great. Now I felt like a sparkling accusing its sibling of stealing energon cookies and then getting into a fight.
Humiliating.
The combiner grabbed my helm with one giant servo and twisted my helm to face Quintessa again.
"You destroyed Cybertron, you fool!" she growled, slapping me across the face-plates.
Immediately I felt myself thrown backwards. The chains seemed to no longer be there and I landed hard on my back-plates.
When I sat up, I could see I had landed behind the combiner, somehow. He hadn't noticed me, but was instead watching Quintessa talking to a blue and red mech prisoner.
Wait...what?
I did a double-take. Yes, Quintessa was definitely still talking to me, but at the same time, not to the real me. And the me she was talking to was agreeing to whatever scrap she was spewing.
I roared and leapt at the silvery femme, only to phase through her and tumble to the floor behind her.
I got back onto my peds in bewilderment. This wasn't right.
I walked right in front of the combiner and waved my servo in front of his face-plates. No response.
I reached out to touch his chest-plate...
...and my servo phased clean through his armor and out his back-plates.
I shivered. This was not right. Not right at all.
I sat down near where Quintessa had blasted my sword. I had already discovered I couldn't pick it up. But I mostly sat down to think.
Quintessa and...me, were being too loud, so I decided to sit outside to think.
The moment I stepped outside, instant grief. Cybertron used to be beautiful, like Earth. With huge, metallic trees and animals. Rivers and lakes that ran silver. Mountains and valleys. Villages, towns, cities. All perfect. All peaceful.
"Oh, Orchid," I sighed to myself,"If only you could have seen it."
I knew that the femme had been born a couple years before the war, and was probably too young to remember it. Orchid had always known war and energon-shed. She had lost both her parents to it.
And I had sworn the moment I laid optics on her, a small frail thing with a weak leg, that I would protect her.
Now here I was...a ghost. I cursed myself for being such a fool for leaving Orchid in the first place. For even thinking it.
So, right then and there, I made a solemn vow to Primus, that when I found a way to defeat Quintessa, I would never leave Orchid again.
******************************
A few minutes later I decided to go back inside. Apparently if you're a 'ghost', you still feel the chill of the night air.
Once inside, I noticed Quintessa and...let's just call him Nemesis...talking very seriously about something.
I walked right up to them and listened. It wasn't like they could do anything to me anyway, except put me back in my body again, which I would greatly appreciate.
"My staff, was taken from me, by my twelve guardian knights," Quintessa was saying,"They betrayed me, and hid it on Earth. Gave it to your precious humans."
"They weren't exactly happy here," I remarked. Geez. I was feeling less like a Prime by the minute!
As expected, they ignored me.
"You are going to find it for me," Quintessa continued,"and return it to me. Do you seek redemption, Prime?"
"No, say no!" I hissed in...my...audio.
"Do you?" Quintessa asked.
"My maker," Not-me replied,"I do."
I face-servoed,"Ugh!"
At least now I knew what to do. I needed to find Orchid and warn her. She could listen to me. She had to. Or else Earth was lost.
I ran out the chamber and activated my ped-jets. Thank goodness they still worked in ghost form.
I zoomed towards where I could now see the tiny marble speck from my advancing planet.
Earth.

Author's Note: My hand is feeling a lot better. Thanks for your patience. It took a lot longer to heal than I thought.
Still, I got another chapter in.
Bye. Love you guys.