Disclaimer

Readers discretion is advised.

This book contains content, including, but not limited to: abuse, explicit sexual content, strong language, slavery, sexual/physical assault, and brutality. If you are a person who has suffered psychological trauma from any of these, please do not read this book.

Please be advised that this is a work of fiction and not based on any real-life events or people. Any views from the perspective of the characters do not reflect my own views.

If you are under the age of 18 or the respected legal age in your country to read such content, please do not continue.

Definitions: This list will be periodically updated with new terminology. Please refer back if you are unsure of any words.

Naerians (NAIR-REE-EHNS): Alien race that has invaded Earth. What humans refer to as Dragons in secret.

Redrya (RAY-DRAH- roll the 2nd "r"): term used by Naerians for humans. Part of their native language, meaning "object" or "property." Derogatory in origin but normalized in society, used by both humans and Naerians.

Sfiad (SS-FIE-AD): Naerian term meaning "superior." What humans must call Naerians. Can stand alone or be tagged onto Naerian's surname. Humans are not allowed to use Naerian's first names unless given permission. Permission is rarely granted. (Example: Gres-sfiad)

Emkii (EHM-KEE): Naerian term meaning "master." What humans must call high-ranking Naerians. Can stand alone or be tagged onto Naerian's surname. Humans are not allowed to use Naerian's first names unless given permission. Permission is rarely granted. (Example: Kincaid-emkii)

Niiyad (NEE-YAD): Naerian term meaning "beloved." Rarely ever used. Sometimes what fated pairs will call each other if love is shared, but more often than not, there is no love between bond mates. Stand-alone.

The Change: (20 years ago) the invasion of Naerians on Earth. Signifies the wave caused by the Gemma crystals that genetically modified the human race to allow for reproduction with Naerians.

Rut Cycle: a periodic release of pheromones to ensure the breeding between both Naerian and human. When humans experience the Rut, any nearby Naerian will be affected by the release of hormones and try to mate with the human regardless if there is any relationship unless they are already a part of a bonded pair. The Rut forces the human's bodies to prepare themselves for breeding, creating "slick" in their sheaths. The human body demands to be bred and the uncontrollable urge will often control the human's actions with or without their consent. Symptoms include: racing hearts, sharpened hearing, increase in body temperature, slowed movements, shortness of breath, dizziness, nausea, lust, inability to climax without being bred, increase of slick, dilated sheaths, fever.

Suppressants: an illegal drug sold in the black market for humans to suppress their Ruts. Blocks all releases of hormones.

Slick: natural lubricant in sheaths that increase when aroused.

Sheath: modification to the human body created by Gemma Crystals. Very sensitive reproductive organ located between genitalia and anal opening. Tiny slot similar to a female vagina. *Those part of the Rebellion have their sewn shut by way of thwarting the Naerians from breeding them.

Locking: when a Naerian experiences heightened arousal, their genitalia release needle-like protrusions. When inside human Sheath, they pierce the inner walls and depending on the circumstances of the mating, the experience can be very pleasurable or very painful. Intended to ensure the Naerian semen reaches the womb.

Bond Mates: Fated pair of Naerian and human. Essentially a "marriage" but truly the relationship of slave and owner. The human becomes the Naerian's property.

Tarlikk (TARR-LICK): deadly toxin released in a gaseous form from a decaying planet that is spreading in multiple galaxies. The affects poison species weakens and disallows reproduction with each other. Destroys planets, negates Gemma Crystals, and causes decay. Naerians have been unsuccessful in their attempt at neutralizing the decaying planet.

Bowie (BO-WEE): transportation pods powered by Gemma Crystals.

Vylink (VI-LINK): electronic device that resembles the function of a high-tech smartphone. Used for communication, research, transactions, identification, hologram projection, etc. Worn around the wrist.

Morá (MOI-RAH): markings, usually on the face or neck of Naerians that serve as a form of communication. They change color depending on the immediate mood of the Naerian

Relok (RELL-LOCK): Naerian equivalent to Hell.

Vedya (VAY-D'YAH): Those whose bodies slowly reject the transformation from the Gemma Crystals are sentenced to live in the outskirts of the cities without aid or help from the government, human or Naerian alike. Most are homeless and eventually die out.

Elka (ELL-KAH): Those who are young and breedable or just became breedable live a bit closer to the city. They receive some rations from the government but just to survive. Most don't stay long, they are quickly taken and bonded. If they are not bonded before they turn 30 earth cycles, then they are sent to breeding houses.

Buntya (BUN-T'YAH): Those who live or are related to influential humans. Humans in the human government/ Naerian-Redrya Alliance. They are political figureheads, but sellouts who get a bit more luxury than the average human but do not make any laws. They are typically allowed to live without being owned by Naerians as long as they work to convert the rest of the human population. They live in the city.

Yehrma (YEH-ERM-MAH): Those who have been mated with a Naerian. They live in the city with their Naerian partners. Depending on what their Naerian owner allows, they can travel as they please. Most live in luxury. Much more freedom is allowed to them but the degree of luxury they live in is dependent on how important their Naerian owner is.This book uses themes from the Omegaverse.

What is Omegaverse?

Omegaverse is an AU (alternate universe) in which males can get pregnant. They undergo heats that attract Alphas with a powerful release of pheromones and usually result in forced breeding.

Omegas are the bottom of the food chain and almost always abused in some way. Most omegas are looked down on and treated as if they are lesser beings or promiscuous because of their condition. They take suppressants to keep their heats in check. When they have their heats, they usually last for a week. Omegas take off from work during their heats. Many of them can't have normal jobs because of their heats.

An Alpha can bond with an Omega by biting the back of their necks which warns other Alphas or Betas that that Omega has been claimed. After being bonded, Omegas cannot have sexual relations with any other Alpha except their mate, their bodies will reject them. Alphas have no such restriction.

Omegas go through heat cycles once a month but if they are in the presence of their fated pair, sometimes their heat will be induced prematurely in an attempt to force a mating between the two. Fated pairs are when an Alpha and Omega are destined to be mated.

Alphas are at the top of the food chain. Usually holding positions of power. They are aggressive and built stronger than average. Pretty much everything that you know about alphas applies here. They take what they want without any consequences because they are Alphas. Most alphas are shady bastards.

This definition of the Omegaverse is one of many. There are multiple sets of rules, but this definition is the most in line with my own story.

In the case of my story, these rules are NOT standard, but it is best to have an idea of them to understand how the world my characters live in works.

Patrons will receive early access chapters and exclusive bonus chapters.

Join the fam: www.patreon.com/namoore (clickable link in bio)

I hope you enjoy the book!

XOXO

Rina