Part 6 - The wrong number

Sam, Jeff and the firemen were able to extract Andy from the rubble. Jeff took him to the ambulance while Sam went off to help Dylan.

Jeff pushed Andy down to Dixie but stopped when he heard Sam shout, "no!!!" He turned around and saw the wall fall on top of Dylan.

"3006 to control more assistance needed over" Jeff called down the radio then ran to help Sam pull away the debris

"Dylan!" Sam was shouting, almost in tears

They got to Dylan who began to try and cough. Sam put her hands on his face as his head dropped and he fell unconscious. Jeff went to tell the other about the other patient but came back when Sam called, "Jeff! He's unconscious!"

While the other crew tended to the woman who was trapped, Sam and Jeff got Dylan on a spinal board and carried him over to Dixie who had just got back. They climbed into the back of the ambulance and Sam shouted, "go go go!" Dixie put pedal to the metal and sped away to the hospital.

They pushed a still unconscious Dylan into the ed and all eyes turned to him. Nick ran into resus to help Sam treat Dylan. Charlie Fairhead came in too to help.

Sam put an oxygen mask on him while Nick talked to Charlie.

"Call his next of kin" Nick whispered to Charlie who walked out to reception

Sam get bloods and order a ct scan on his head and chest. Sam ran to the phone and threw over some cannulas to Nick who raised an eyebrow.

Charlie came back in and drew the blood. Big Mac popped his head through the door.

"Dr Keogh to CT?" He asked

"Yeah" Nick answered, "I'll come too"

Sam put a hand on Dylan's shoulder as he went.

"Why don't you take a quick break until he comes back?" Charlie said

Sam went into the staff room and got her phone out. She was looking at photos of their wedding until a phone call came through.

"Hello, Sam Nicholls speaking?" She said

"Sam?" Noel asked

"Yeah?" She questioned

"Umm, I was asked to call Dr Keogh's next of kin, I must've got the wrong number" Noel explained

"No, you got the right number Noel. I'm Dylan's wife." Sam said

"Oh, um, ok. Thank you" Noel ended the call