Part 18 - Tall, dark, handsome

The ed was its usual busy self today but all things stopped when Sam and Dylan announced that they were getting married. The reaction was great, everyone was so happy and that set them in a good mood for the day.

As the staff left the staff room they all congratulated the couple.

"Congrats Dr K!" Fletch grinned

"Very happy for you both!" Zoe smiled

As Big Mac and Noel walked out, they started humming the song 'here comes the bride'.

"Da da da daa da da da daa!" They left with a cheeky smile

It wasn't long until everyone was called back into the staff room by Nick Jordan.

"First of all, congratulations to Sam and Dylan." Nick smiled and looked to the pair who were stood next to him at the front, "But, the paramedics need a medic ASAP so, any volunteers?"

Without thinking about his promise to Sam, Dylan raised his hand.

Nick and Sam looked at Dylan and said "no" in unison. In the end, Fletch went.

"Back to work!" Nick clapped his hands

Sam and Dylan walked out and took the next patient brought in by Jeff and Tamzin.

"39 year old male. Stabbed around 15 minutes ago, deep wound to his shoulder. All obs are normal but there is a lot of blood loss and he has had 10 milligrams of morphine" Jeff announced

Dylan and Sam rushed around the patient who began to deteriorate fast.

Dylan made the call, "get him into surgery now! Scarlett, you go with him" 

Dylan sat down in the staff room while Sam made a cup of tea. The door opened and an unfamiliar face walked in.

"Oh hi, I'm the new doctor. Tom Kent, nice to meet you" He smiled

"Nice to meet you, I'm Sam. Want a tea?" Sam asked

"Yes please!" Tom rubbed his hands then sat opposite Dylan who just stared

"I'm Dylan Keogh, I'm a consultant." Dylan said bluntly

Sam passed the the cups and they sat awkwardly drinking it. Tom was then called away leaving Dylan and Sam.

"What do you think about him?" Dylan asked

"Tall, dark, handsome" Sam teased

"Yeah I was thinking the same" Dylan joked. They sat laughing until they were called out to a patient.