three : oh no!

I walked into my Home Ec. class, my first class of today, with butterflies, a feeling in the pit of my stomach. Why? I don't know. Why do I feel like something is wrong? I shook it off and walked to my seat at the back of the classroom, saying hi to a lot of my friends.

"Good morning, Salem!" a friend greeted, patting me on the back.

"Hi, Salem!" another friend greeted, waving at me.

I smiled small and waved at them, before taking my seat at the back row. I was quiet, keeping my head low. The butterflies in my stomach were still flying in there. I shook the feeling off again... I just need to start the day off right. I settled myself down and finally got my white binder out. I opened the it and - and my eyes opened too! My eyes opened wide! What the-

I heard someone enter the room. I looked up to see Biddy standing under the doorway. I was the first person he saw when he entered the room. I quickly looked away, back at the white binder on front of me. Flashback.

I was still pacing back and forth the hallway when I bumped into Biddy. I squeaked, dropping my white binder and pencil. He gasped dropping his white binder and pencil. I picked up my stuff and helped Biddy with his.

Flash-forward. My eyes opened wider. Oh no. I looked at the white binder on front of me. I looked back at Biddy, who was already walking to me. He had a white binder in his hands. Oh no. Oh no. I was freaking out. I start to fidget in my seat. Biddy was walking closer to me. Oh no. Oh no. Oh no. I buried my face in my hands in shame. He finally reached me and I peeked at him through my fingers. He was looking at me with a small smile. What? Why is he smiling at me? He bent over my desk and swapped our binders. I face-palmed myself. Yup. Our binders got mixed-up yesterday. Flashback.

I sat on his bed to pull out my Home Ec. textbook, my binder and pencil. He went to his desk to grab his textbook and sat on his bed next to me. He was so close to me, I started sweating. I need to get thrown out of the moment. Then, I realized I didn't need my binder today, so I slipped it into my backpack, escaping the awkwardness. I started reading the assigned pages in my Home Ec. textbook.

Flashforward. I faced-palmed myself again. I realized that I didn't even bother to check the damn binder! I mean... Okay. So, our binders, alone, getting mixed-up was okay but what I had in my binder wasn't.

I heard Biddy cough lightly. I looked up and he was slipping a piece of paper from his pocket onto my desk. I blushed. That was my piece of paper. The one in my binder that wasn't okay to get mixed-up. I reached out for it, snatched it, and quickly retracted my hand.

I didn't look at Biddy after, but I knew that he was still standing there. I kept my head low, blushing like crazy. Well, isn't this embarrasing. And he was STILL standing there. What the hell is he doing? I was about to look up at him but the bell rang. He turned around and quickly got to his seat.

Well, that explained why I felt something was wrong... But the feeling the pit of my stomach, the butterflies, didn't go away. It grew stronger. I tried to shake it off, so I unfolded this STUPID piece of paper.

Now, you might be wondering why this piece of paper is so stupidly stupid. Well... I finally finished unfolding the piece of paper and stared at it, studying my work. I traced my thumb on a faded sketch and on faded words. Here's my explanation: One evening, I decided to sketch a drawing and write a poem/a song of and for Biddy. Ever since that evening, I've kept that piece of art in my handy-dandy binder.

My grip faltered on the light piece of paper. I frowned and looked at my feet, realizing what happened. He saw it. It was supposed to be a secret. But he saw it! What am I going to do? Then, I realized something. I narrowed my eyes at the back of Biddy's head, who was sitting down three rows from me. He didn't freak out though. Why didn't he freak out?

I sat there, confused. If yesterday wasn't weird enough. I slipped the piece of paper into my pocket and hid in my crossed arms.

"Good morning, class!" My Home Ec. teacher, Mr. Naber, greeted. Mr. Naber was a really down-to-earth guy and one of my favorite teachers. I snapped my head up for his attention. He sat on a stool and flicked his pencil against his clipboard.

"Today, we're going read a few pages from our textbook and then apply the information into an activity we'll be doing later on in the class!" He clapped his hands together and brought himself a text book. "Now, if you and your partner either contacted each other through phone or went to each other's houses yesterday, I assume that you guys would've read the assigned pages and discussed about them."

I peeked at Biddy, who had his head low. Oh, we discussed alright. I rolled my eyes and went back to Mr. Naber.

"Remember, this is a partner-interactive project! Please try to at least attempt on doing something on it over Winter Break," He flipped through a few pages, "Now, let's get reading! I huffed and laid back into my seat and we began to read.

Have I told you about my project yet (well, at least into detail)? No? Okay. Here: We, the students, are parents/guardians of a robot-baby-doll for a week. We're going to create a baby book and everything!

Honestly, I'd love this project but I got paired up with Biddy and we're the only-um... same-sex parents. What are the odds.

I twitched. Biddy's not gay... I wish... I half-heartedly smiled. I kept my eyes on the book, half-listening to my classmates read aloud the passages. Most of my attention was on Biddy. He wasn't doing anything but reading along, but I still had my attention on him. After half-an-hour of reading and wise words of Mr. Naber, we finally finished. Mr. Naber coughed, stood up, and announced.

"Now, class, for today's activity..." Mr. Naber paced around the room. He suspiciously looked at everyone. "To start off the" Baby project, today," he stopped in his tracks, "this year, we're going to reinactment child birth." The room was quiet before but it just got quieter. Mr. Naber smirked and continued, "You know, to create the feel of being true parents!" He cheered small, a little bit disappointed from the outcome.

Then, he walked to to the middle of the classroom. "And to make it interesting..." He turned around at me, giving me a smug smile, and pointed.

"You, Salem..." Wait, what? My head snapped up in disbelief. Things just get more worse! Mr. Naber turned around and pointed at Biddy, who I already saw tensing. "And, um, you! Biddy! You two, up in front of the class, please."

Oh no.

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

#MarinaandtheDiamonds

I'm back! Sorry for the wait, guys :| I've been hella busy.

But yuss... Interesting chapter, right? I've decided to split this chapter into 2 parts. And you, my friend, have just read the first part.

Hopefully, I'll get the second part up soon :) But yeah, thanks for reading!

VOTE and COMMENT!

Okay, thanks, bye!