eleven : a set of strangers

Biddy's PoV:

I quickly pulled away from the blinds after realizing that Salem was also staring back at me. I stood there, behind the window, freaking out. What. What is HE doing here?? Was he the one on the phone with my mom earlier? Was he the person my mom said she was going to pick up? Oh boy... Is he here for the project? But... what is his sister doing here?

I huffed and headed to my door, except I didn't leave my room. Instead, I turned my back to the door, propping myself against it, sliding down to the ground, plopping my ass right then and there.

I combed my fingers through my hair and hid my face behind them. Why am I freaking out? I sighed. Why did I even like you in the first place, Salem? Flashback.

"Salem, meet Biddy," Nikki introduced, tugging my arm to a someone standing right behind her. I stared at this Salem, raising a brow. Ohhey, I've seen you around before! But I've never seen you up close and personal and boy, are you cute. Wait. Cute? I-I'm not... I'm not gay... am I? Or bisexual? No. I haven't had a personal preference of people for awhile but-

"Biddy, meet Salem!" Veronica chirped, interrupting my thoughts. Salem was hiding in a brown hoodie, flailing his arms awkwardly under his sleeves. He squeaked quietly, blushing like a bubblegum. I thought to myself What are you doing? My eyebrows raised higher. Why are acting ador-Nope. My eyes grew wide of the thought of me thinking he was cute. I mentally facepalmed myself. I tilted my head, my eyes mindlessly on Salem's eyes. I was probably portraying a face of my own concerning conflicts of him to him. What am I doing? I quickly walked away without saying hi or anything... It was getting too awkward. Well, for me at least.

Flashforward.

I combed my hair again, remembering the time I found out that Salem had a crush on me, and that he actually fancied me before we were "introduced" by Nikki. I got the info through this one friend-girl of mine. She was in one of my classes when she told me. I wouldn't have believed her but her rumors are usually right, so I took it as the truth.

... I'm afraid of falling in love, especially when I'm a guy... who maybe-might-possibly like another guy-UGH I'm not gay! ... But what if I was? I don't know how and what people would think of me! All my friends? My family?

I groaned in frustration and threw my head back, bumping it against the door. I winced in pain, hearing a sizzle slither through my gritted teeth.

Then, I heard faint murmurs behind my door, at the bottom of the stairs.

It sounded like my mom... And Salem. Their voices and footsteps were stepping up the stairs, heading into the hallway. Before I could get up, I heard a knock on my door. I quickly crawled out of the way and to the side.

My mom opened the door, finishing her sentence.

"... And after you're done settling in, we'll have dinner! Okay?" My mom explained, while she strolled a small leather suitcase into my room. Axel was standing outside the door, half-way hiding himself from being fully displayed by the doorway.

"Biddy? Why are you on the floor?" My mom asked, after she propped the suitcase against my bed.

I got myself off the floor, straightening my shirt and all. I coughed.

"Um..." I started, my hands laced behind my back. I rocked my heels back and forth, applying an awkward silence between us all. "What is the suitcase for?"

My mom quickly let go of the suitcase and shot the ground with a grieving gaze. She held her hands together and coughed as well. I saw Salem shift at the corner of my eye.

My mom started explaining, "Well. Um. Salem here, and his little sister, are gonna stay with us for awhile!" She finished her sentence with a sprinkled hint of happiness. She coughed once more and went back to a grieving gaze. She turned her head towards Salem, who was now peaking into the room with only his eyes.

I noticed that he was nodding and... and I could have sworn he looked like he was about to cry.

My mom interrupted the somewhat sad silence, only to unfortunately make it more sad.

"Biddy," she cracked, "Salem's mom is in the hospital..."

What? What happened?? I heard a small sniff from Salem. Sneaking a peek at him, I saw that he was using his sweater sleeve to swipe away at a tiny tear. A surge of sorrow settled in myself. I looked down at the ground and let the silence linger.

After awhile, my mom was leaving the room, reminding me that once Salem settles in, we can go downstairs for dinner. Before she left, she took a long look between Salem and I. She was beginning to realize how awkward we were together and commented, "Aw, come on guys! Both of you act like you don't know each other!" She rolled her eyes, "Like a set of strangers..." she scoffed, finally leaving the both of us alone.

That's because we don't know each other. I rolled my eyes, slumping myself on my desk chair. I turned towards my desk in a swift direction and fiddled with the plethora of piled papers and other things on it. We are a set of strangers...

From behind me, I suddenly heard the soft shuffles of Salem entering my bedroom. I turned around to study him some more. He was trying to lift his suitcase up on my bed, but he was being helpless to himself. He was struggling, having one hand wiping away at his eyes and the other grabbing the luggage.

I quickly jumped from my chair and assisted him. Lightly landing his luggage on my bed, I sat back down and studied him some more. To be honest, it wasn't even that heavy. That made me even more sorry for him.

He clicked his suitcase open and searched through his clothing. He hesistantly stopped for a second, probably acknowledging my existence in the room but proceeded, pulling out a few pill bottles and sliding them into his pockets. He swung his suitcase closed.

After standing there for a second, he tilted his head towards me and stared straight into my eyes. He gave me a hurt, half smile before walking away, leaving my bedroom.

Oh God. Why do I feel guilty? I sat there in silence, my fingers fondling my flustered face.

This is it. This is where my end begins.

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, MY LOVELIES!

And did you see what I did there?? "This is it. This is where my end begins."

I am so clever. Haha-no.

But heeyy! I finally wrote it in Biddy's point of view AND wrote a chapter and published it without having a huge time gap. I didn't want y'all to be waiting! Think of it as a tiny Thanksgiving present :) Y'all should be thankful

Anyways... I hope you guys are liking/loving the story so far! I'm thankful for all the regulars that read my story. It really means a lot to me.

Well. I'm gonna go sleep now. I'm tired from eating too much food. *yawn* I'm so fat.

I LOVE YOU GUYS and REMEMBER TO VOTE AND COMMENT :)

OKAY, THANKS, BYYYYEEEE!!