six : not tonight

(A.N.: Play the song at the side </3 If you can't, then it's okay! When you have the time, please listen to "All I Want" by Kodaline. It's a tres beau chanson ("very beautiful song" for all you non-Frenchies) Thanks!)

I slipped my keys from my back pocket, fumbling to find the house key. I was ticked off. Once I fit the house key in the lock, I marched in.

"Hi, Sally!" My little sister, Peep, chirped from the dining table. I saw her and couldn't help but smile. She makes my day, all day, every day, no matter what my case is. I love her so much.

I plopped my backpack right next to hers, which was conveniently lying right next to her chair. I leaned over and hugged her, kissing the top of her head while she scribbled words in her workbook.

"Where's mom?" I asked her as I sat down on the chair next to her, zipping my backpack open.

"Oh, she's sleeping. She said she didn't feel well..." she said, concentrating on her homework.

I felt sorry for my mom. She WAS a stay-at-home mom, but ever since my father left, it's been a living hell for her. She's works as a caregiver and works hard all day long. My sister and I? We're the ones who keep her sane and strong. If anything happened to one or both us, she wouldn't know what to do. Unfortunately, despite the fact that we're with her, she gets weaker as time goes. She doesn't get as much sleep anymore. I worry about her. I have the fear that she would break at the wrong place and at the wrong time. I try to help her, but she tells me in order to help her, I need to help myself and my sister.

"Hey, Sally. What're you think about?" My sister asked, poking her pencil at my cheek.

"Oh, nothing. Just the massive amount of homework I have to do," I lied. I don't want my sister to worry about my mom. She's too young and experienced enough drama with my dad leaving and all.

I decided to work on homework-not my Home-Ec project. Mr. Naber said he'd hand the babies over sometime later this week and I'd have to sort things out with Biddy in order to do this project right.

I popped in my ear buds and listened to my TFIOS and Sam Smith soundtracks. I tried so hard to forget about today. I knew the butterflies in my stomach where telling me something and that something happened. I was definitely thrown off course and I couldn't think straight. Once "All I Want" by Kodaline played, I yanked my ear buds out of my ears. This morning's mishap replayed in my head. My eyes went moist.

I looked to see if Peep was still sitting by me, doing her homework, but she left while I was dazing off into my own world.

I thought of Biddy and my eyes narrowed at nothing. I can't believe he did that. ... But he looked so hurt... I need to call him... I felt guilty for reasons not being.

I pulled my iPhone out and scrolled through my contacts to find Biddy, but I realized that since I hadn't talked to him AT ALL, I hadn't asked for his number. But then I remembered Thracia, Biddy's mom, gave me her number. I slipped the folded piece of paper from my backpack's small pockets and unravelled it, finding a set of numbers written oh-so-neatly. I dialled in the number and waited while it rang.

Someone picked up the phone and I immediately started.

"Hi, Mrs. Stag! Um... Is Biddy there?" I asked confidently but on the other side, I heard a small gasp, a little clutter of noises, and then silence. I was really confused. I was just about hang up when I heard another little clutter of noises and a "Hi! Who's this?" from Thracia.

"Hi, Mrs. Stag! It's Salem! Is Biddy there?" I repeated.

"Salem! Yeah! He actually answered the phone first, but dropped it and ran back into his room," Thracia chimed but then her voice lowered, "I don't know what's wrong with him but when he got home, he said he didn't feel well." I felt even more guilty! And for nothing!

"Oh, okay. I was actually going to ask him a few questions about homework," I lied. "But since, he doesn't feel well... Not tonight, huh?"

"Yeah, not tonight, honey. I'm sorry." She replied, seeping sympathy through the phone.

I smiled half-heartedly and thanked her. "I hope he feels better," I bit my
lip, knowing that he most likely won't. We traded our goodbyes and good nights and I hung up.

I sighed and lightly flung my phone on the table. I rubbed the back of neck and went on with work.

"Not tonight..." I shook my head, "Not tonight..."

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

And you thought I wouldn't post this weekend. But I did!

I hope you like this chapter :) I wrote it in about an hour? I know. Swagilicious, riiiight?

Things are firing up between Salem and Biddy. What's gonna happen next? I don't even know!

(I just realized that it's almost impossible to create a ship name for these two so... Who ever thinks of a clever and cute one gets a dedication! Maybe. I don't know.)

But... I LOVE YOU, GUYS! VOTE AND COMMENT!

OKAY, THANKS, BYYYYEEEE!

Edit: I didn't realize how short this chapter was.