twelve : humming along to the moss

Salem's PoV:

Supper wasn't special. Mr. Stag was working overtime, so Thracia wipped up something simple, roasted pepper and squash soup and freshly baked bread. It was delicious, nontheless.

We didn't eat together though. Everyone was scattered about the house: Carr brought his food upstairs to his room, Biddy and Thracia ate on the kitchen island, and Finn and Peep ate at the living room's coffee table, watching a children's movie together, laughing and talking about almost every scene. They seem to be getting along well I softly smiled at their laughter in the background.

I was eating alone at the dining table with my earphones stuffed in my ears, softly playing some music from one of my playlists. I was slowly sipping at my soup and dipping my sliced bread into it until I realized I finished my food.

I pulled out the three pill bottles from my pockets and grabbed the glass of water on front of me. Topping my tongue with three different sized-different textured pills, I drained them down my throat with water. It's been 6 years since I've been diagnosed, so swallowing pills every day was nothing to me anymore.

Then time slowed down.

I caught Biddy and Thracia watching me. I cleared my throat, taking one last look at my pill bottles before putting them back into my pockets and strolling to the kitchen sink.

At the kitchen sink, I lowered both my bowl and glass under the silver faucet with one hand and I slid my other hand over the faucet handles, labeled with the two letters H and C.

Twisting the handles, I balanced hot and cold to create a lovely lukewarm-temperatured water, which streamed through my fingers, the water droplets dripping from my finger tips.

There was a small splash on the dishes below. I was about to grab the dish soap when a hand from out of nowhere snatched instead.

"Give yourself a break, Salem. You've been through too much," Thracia said to the side of me. She lightly pulled me away from the sink and grabbed the dishes from me.

"You know, it's a Friday night," Thracia reminded me, replacing me at the sink, "So that means no homework. If there's no homework, there's sleep. You should go to sleep, Salem," she insisted, "We were planning on putting up our Christmas decorations sometime, so maybe tomorrow we can start?"

I gave a small smirk at Thracia's rather kind recommendation and accepted it.

"Yeah, that'd be great!" I sweetly exclaimed, scratching at the back of my head, "By the way, Peep should be easy to work with."

I turned towards the archway that lead to the stairs and noticing that Biddy had gone from the kitchen island and left upstairs. I rolled my eyes at his empty plate that was left there and made my way out of the kitchen. Before I left, I bid Thracia a good night. After she said her good nights, I plugged my music back in and headed up to Biddy's bedroom.

I was humming along to my music and entered the bedroom. By the time I saw Biddy, he had slipped on a colorful, hippie, rainbow t-shirt with a yellow peace sign over his baggy, navy blue, plaid pajama pants.

Cute.

He sat back at his desk. I got to my luggage and pulled out a pair of pajamas for myself: a big-ass grey sweater with a yellow duck on it, an embarrassment of white heart boxers shorts, and a pair of white, red-striped tube socks.

Cute.

I left the room real quick to change in the bathroom across the hall. When I came back, Biddy stared at me in... surprise? What am I in this enormously embarrasing outfit?

I still somehow managed to have my earbuds in, so the next song played. Soon, I was humming along to "The Moss" by Cosmo Sheldrake, while sliding my suitcase to the side of the bed.

Then, I heard him. I heard Biddy humming to my humming. He was humming along to The Moss. He knew the song.

I shot my own surprised look at him, taking out my earbuds and sliding them in my suitcase. He saw my surprise, smirked, and turned around at his desk. I was still humming, except my hum lowered its volume so I can hear his.

Soon, it transitioned to him melodizing and me harmonizing. It was simply soothing.

Feeling sleepy, I grabbed the pillow from at the top of the bed and plopped it at the tail for my head to rest on.

I positioned myself on my side to watch Biddy working with his whatever at his desk. We were still humming hopefully happy.

I smiled small, closing my eyes. Biddy and I were humming along to The Moss, as I fell asleep.

Maybe... he likes me. Maybe... this isn't too bad.

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Salutations, children!

I know you silent-treaters were enormously excited for updates! So, I got you one :)

I, myself, am excited for this update and updates coming soon (especially the updates coming soon)

It's gonna go down-up in where-up in here!

You guys should check out the song "The Moss" by Cosmo Sheldrake. It's a terrific tune, definitely one of my favorites.

I don't know what else to say so...

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter, and/or Tumblr @boycastle

and remember that...

ILOVEYOUOKAYTHANKSBYYEE!