seventeen : merry christmas

Salem's PoV:

While in Thracia's car, I insisted my mom to go home and rest without us, children. Of course, she disagreed the first couple of times, but she finally agreed after one deal: she'd come to the Stag's Christmas dinner party. We shook hands to that and we dropped her off at our home. Saying our goodbyes and our "I'll see you tomorrow", the rest of us headed to the Stag's. By the time we got there, I was exhausted from the excitement and I fell asleep easily.

I woke up to a vacant spot beside me in bed, and oddly enough, even the house's normal noises were gone too. I stretched my structure, my toes and fingers touching each end of the bed.

I reluctantly rolled out of bed, yawning, wondering where Biddy had went. The blanket wrapped around my posterior like a burrito. I scuttled out of Biddy's room, into the hallway, and down the stairs, where it was still eerily silent.

Where is everybody? Please, God, don't tell me they'd ditch me, an innocent child, on Christmas Day.

My pace slowed as I stepped off the last step. Surveying the living room, my mind instantly narrated:

'Twas the morning of Christmas

And all through the house

Not a creature was stirring

Not even a -

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!" The Stags-and Penelope-screamed, popping out of their hiding places. I'm not one to be simply scared, but this... surprise made me jump.

Where's Biddy?

I tried butterflying out of my little burrito-cocoon but it was wrapped around me tightly. I lost my balance and my body hit the floor.

"Ow oh dear" Thracia winced at, for, and with my pain, crinkling her nose and gritting her teeth.

My face was facing flat on the floor, my mouth mauled by the hardwood. I gave a grieving groan while I lay there, just loving the moment.

Two pairs of footsteps went my way, which belonged to Mr. Stag and Carr. With their toned biceps and triceps slightly showing through their nice-fitting white t-shirts, they took me from the sides and lifted me off my face.

Finn and Peep caught the cracks of my covers and tugged me behind the Christmas tree, where I found Biddy, wrapped up in cheap Christmas-themed giftwrap. A red ribbon was also wrapped around his mouth, stopping him from talking.

Carr cornered the Christmas tree and took out his camera, taking photos of us together. Biddy's muffled screams shot towards Carr, his body trying to shake off the giftwrap. But the "cheap" giftwrap was pretty powerful. Carr smirked, snapping a few more photos.

"Merry Christmas, you two" Carr snickered. Finn and Peep were giggling greatly; Carr bent over, having them high-fives and congratulating them a "Good job, children!"

"What's going on back there?" Thracia asked, her voice slowly sliding towards the Christmas tree. Carr's face became frantic and he disappeared. Finn and Peep gasped, their fingers over their lips. They disappeared after as well.

"Oh nothing, Mom..." Carr reassured Thracia, shooing her away from the tree, "Now, let's get ready for the dinner party tonight!"

Biddy and I were abandoned. He was still attempting to escape his trap, his eyes... were pleading to me. And I gave in.

I huffed and leaned over, my face inches from his. My mouth opened meek. Biddy was confused and startled. But this was the only way to escape.

My mouth opened wider and met with his cheek.

Biddy's PoV:

Salem's soft lips were sliding down my cheek.
Is he kissing me? Is he kissing me?! Why would he kiss me now?!?
I was frozen in faithful fear. I would've sworn my skin was white.
Then, my mouth met fresh air. The ribbon was unwrapped and I breathed properly.
Oh. He was just biting the bow off. Ha ha. Ha.
He brushed below my body, behind my back. I was blushing. He was tugging and tearing at the trap with his teeth.
I didn't think that Carr would've wrapped me in many layers! No wonder it was so hard to shake off!

After Salem allowed some layers to shed off, the wrap became weak around me and I then I was able to rip the rest off on my own.

To pay the awkward assistance, I assisted Salem on busting out of his blanket burrito. With my hands.

He got up and brushed off, showing me a silent salutation.

Merry Christmas, my mind mentioned. I wisked all the wrap in my arms and walked off, without saying a word.

"Merry Christmas..." I murmured, once I was ways away to be inaudible.

Salem didn't hear it. I wish he had. I really wish he did.

I feel weird.

¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Here! I'm here! A hero, here to save you!

I wrote this while being sick, so apply a little appreciation.

I don't deserve a lot. I've left the lot of you half-dead.

I am so sorry!

But I hope you guys loved this Chapter! I kind of do :)

I'm gonna go now... I'm at an urgent care, getting my sickness to subside

Remember to VOTE and COMMENT and also remember that

ILOVEYOUOKAYTHANKSBYE!