Chapter 4: Memory

Chapter 4: Memory

Gobber was sitting on his couch and watching TV when his phone rang. He took it from the table and looked at the name. It was Hiccup. Oh, he missed that lad. Gobber answered the call.

"Hello, lad."

"Hi, Gobber."

"How are ya doin'?"

"Good, and you?"

"I'm good too, lad."

"Gobber, can I ask you for a favor?"

"Of course, everything ya need,"

"Can you come to Dragon highway, with your truck? You will notice my car. I'll tell you everything there."

"I'll be there after twenty minutes."

Gobber stood up, took his keys, and left the house. Interesting, what was the lad up for this time?

oOo

Hiccup put his phone back in the pocket. Gobber was his father's best friend, and he knew him since he was a kid. Gobber was always supporting him, no matter what. He was like a second father to him.

Hiccup leaned on the airframe and began to wait. He hoped that Gobber would let him work in his workshop. He worked there many times. Actually, Gobber was the one who taught him how to repair aircraft.

A memory flashed in his mind...

Five-year-old Hiccup was in his room, playing with his dragon toys. Recently, his dad began to be at home rarely. It was upsetting Hiccup. He was going somewhere named 'work'. Hiccup didn't like being alone.

He heard how the door opened. He rushed downstairs and saw his dad.

"Daddy!" cried Hiccup running to him, and hugging him. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," said his dad and hugged him back.

"Daddy, I don't want to stay at home alone, anymore," said Hiccup looking at his dad with his big green eyes.

Stoick sighed and kneeled watching at his son. "Tomorrow, you will not be alone, I promise."

Next morning Hiccup woke up because someone was shaking him. He cracked open his big green eyes and smiled. Yesterday his dad promised that he will not be alone anymore! His dad was standing next to the bed.

"Good morning, son. Get ready, we need to leave from ten minutes," said his dad.

Where are they gonna go? Hiccup didn't know, but he was very excited. He got out of his bed and began to prepare. When he was ready, he went downstairs. His dad was making breakfast.

"Oh, Hiccup, you're ready," said his dad noticing him. "Come, I made breakfast for us."

Hiccup approached the kitchen table and sat on the chair. His dad put in front of him a plate with bacon and eggs. He began to eat his breakfast. Hiccup was curious about where they gonna go.

"Dad, where we're gonna go?" he asked.

"You'll see," answered his dad.

When they ended up eating breakfast, they get out of the home and get into the car. His dad helped him to put on the seatbelt and sat on the driver seat. The car began driving. Hiccup was watching out of the window. He loved doing that.