Chapter 6: The Bowling

Hi guys! I know the last two chapters didn't move the plot forward, but I really felt like writing them. Also I want to thank astroskypilot for the first comment of the story in Wattpad! 

Chapter 6: The Bowling

Hiccup heard a beep and saw the familiar truck. From the truck came out a middle-aged man. Hiccup smiled seeing his godfather. Gobber approached him and gave a bone-crushing hug.

"Gobber... can't... breath," Hiccup managed to say. Of course! It couldn't be without the bone-crushing hug that his father and Gobber liked that much!

Gobber let Hiccup go and patting Hiccup's back said.

"Oh, I missed you, lad."

"I missed you too, Gobber," said Hiccup. Lately, he was very busy with his work and he didn't have time to visit Gobber at his workshop and help him like he was always doing.

Gobber noticed the big black shape behind him and said.

"I see ya find a quite good thing here." He approached the airframe and began inspecting it.

"Yeah, that's what I wanted to talk about. I want to make my own aircraft using this," said Hiccup gesturing to the airframe. "I already have designed everything- I decided what engine I'll use, what flight instruments it will have, and I'm hoping that you'll let me work in your workshop."

"Of course ye can work in the workshop!" said Gobber. "It's mine as its yer's."

"Thanks, Gobber, I really appreciate it," said Hiccup happy that now he could begin working.

"C'mon, laddie. Let's load this intae the truck," said Gobber and went to his truck. He drove the truck nearer to the airframe and got out of the vehicle. He went to the left side of the airframe when Hiccup went to the right side. They lifted it up and put it in the truck. It was good that the airframe wasn't too heavy. It was made from carbon fiber, and carbon fiber was a light material.

When they ended up loading the airframe Gobber got into his truck when Hiccup got into the car and they began driving towards the workshop.

After twenty minutes, they arrived. Gobber helped Hiccup to unload the airframe and put it in the workshop.

"So, lad," said Gobber dusting his hands. "What are ya planning to do?"

"Well, I want to make it fast, maneuverable and light. I'm planning to use Lycoming O-54, and I was thinking I could do some modifications and make it suitable for the airframe. And about flight instruments, it will have central LED screen where will be displayed altimeter, airspeed indicator, gyroscopic systems, navigational systems, in one word everything the pilot needs," answered Hiccup.

"In that case, ya have a plenty work to do," said Gobber.

Hiccup nodded and approached the airframe. He began making sure that it was placed right when his phone rang. He cleaned his hands, took his phone from the pocket and picked the call.

"Hey, dad," he said.

"Hey, son. Wanna go play bowling today?"

"Yeah, of course. But don't you have work to do?" asked Hiccup. He knew that his father was a very busy man, and he barely had time to rest. And now their company's stocks were rising and they were many contracts signed every day.

"I always have time for my son. I'll meet you at the Dragon mall, after half an hour."

"Okay, in that case, see you after half hour," said Hiccup. He was happy that he's gonna spend time with his father. And he knew that Stoick Haddock-owner of Berk's Light-Sport Aircraft Manufacturer really needed to get some rest.