Chapter 7: The Bad Day, That Turned Into Good

The new chapter is here! This chapter has 2700+ words! Like, two times longer than my usual chapters! I hope you'll like it! 

Chapter 7: The Bad Day, That Turned Into Good

The alarm began beeping. Hiccup groaned and hid his head under the pillow. He didn't want to go to work today! He wanted to stay at home and sleep! His neighbors had thought that it would be a great idea to throw a party last night! He shut his eyes only at 5am when the party was over!

His alarm was continuing to beep. He just wanted to stay at home and sleep. Was that much to ask for? Maybe even after sleeping, he could go to the workshop and finally began working on his aircraft. But he knew that it will not happen. The good news was that today was Friday and he would have two days to rest and work on his aircraft.

Toothless whined too and covered his ears with his paws. The black dog wanted to sleep too. Hiccup groaned again and got up. He turned off the alarm and stretched. Then he took a quick shower, got dressed and went downstairs. His dad was already gone. That didn't surprise him. He had to go to Berserk and he would be returning on Monday. Hiccup wanted to wish his father safe journey, but how he guessed he didn't hear the sound of the alarm that he had put earlier. He was busy sleeping after an awful night.

Hiccup went to the kitchen and poured a big cup of coffee that he needed desperately. When he approached the cup to his lips, he heard a barking and saw Toothless running from upstairs. Toothless knocked the cup of coffee from his hands and all the coffee spilled on him.

"Toothless!" yelled Hiccup in frustration. The coffee was really hot, so he began jumping from one foot to another trying to get rid of the burning sensation. When it stopped burning, Hiccup snapped his head towards the direction where Toothless had gone and glared at the dog. But Toothless was busy chasing after a squirrel or what was that. Well, this day couldn't get any better.

Hiccup sighed and went upstairs. He changed his clothes and went back to the kitchen. He poured another cup of coffee and made sure that this one wouldn't be spilled on him. Then he had some toasts and drank his coffee.

After filling Toothless' bowl, he put his notebook and drawing pad in the backpack, took his keys and left the house. Hiccup checked the time. It was 8:40. He was gonna be late, again. Hiccup groaned and got into the car.

He arrived at work twenty minutes late. There was an awful traffic in the city. This wasn't his lucky day. Hiccup entered his room and saw Fishlegs typing something on the computer.

"Hey, Fish," greeted Hiccup trying to be cheerful, but that didn't work. He sounded really grumpy. Actually, he was really grumpy.

"Hey, Hiccup. I see you're not in a good mood," said Fishlegs still continuing to work. Of course, Fishlegs noticed that. After all, he was his best friend.

Hiccup took off his mask of cheerfulness and sighed. Of course, he wasn't in a good mood! At first, he hadn't had a proper sleep, then he spilled the coffee- well actually Toothless spilled it, but that's not the matter! And then he was stuck in a traffic for 10 minutes! That wasn't the best start of the day.

"Well, I'm the happiest person in the Midgard, who haven't had proper sleep, spilled his coffee, and was stuck in traffic," Hiccup sassed back.

"Well, I see you still haven't heard the good news," said Fishlegs. That intrigued Hiccup.

"What news?" he asked. He began thinking about what news it could be, but he couldn't think of anything.

"Well, for an example, that from a week will be annually Air Race of Small Model Aircraft," said Fishlegs turning to Hiccup, knowing exactly what reaction his friend would have.