Chapter 5: Stoick's memory

Chapter 5: Stoick's Memory

Stoick entered his office and fell on the chair exhausted. It was a long and tiring day. He had three meetings with his partners, a lot of paperwork, and many many visitors. His head was aching crazily. He went to the fridge, took a bag with ice, and put it on his head.

He heard that today's testing passed perfectly. Clients liked the work very much. He couldn't be prouder of his son. He always knew that someday he would become a great engineer. And now, he is one of the best engineers in their company.

Hiccup surely knew his way with planes. Stoick remembered how his son saw an airplane for the first time...

Many years ago

Stoick was exhausted and very worried. He had never left Hiccup alone at home this long. Three days ago, he received an email from Berk's Light-Sport Aircraft Manufacturer-from his company, that he needs to return.

It passed five years since Valka died. After that, he couldn't return to the company, where everything was reminding about her. Instead of that, he was staying at home and raising their son.

Stoick got out of the car and entered the house. When he saw his son running downstairs, he forgot all tiredness.

"Daddy!" cried Hiccup running to him, and hugging him. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," Stoick said and hugged him back.

Three hours. Three hours Hiccup was alone at home. He didn't want to leave Hiccup alone, but he couldn't do anything else.

Today Stoick received an email from Berk's Light-Sport Aircraft Manufacturer, which was saying that he needs to return. He asked their neighbors to look after Hiccup and they agreed. He took Hiccup to their house and went to work. After a few hours, he returned and went to their neighbors' house. When they were going home Hiccup wasn't talking.

Next day he took Hiccup to the neighbors again. After work, he went to neighbors' house and knocked on the door. The door opened David.

"Um, Stoick, nice to see you," he said nervously.

"Where is Hiccup? I came to take him," said Stoick.

"Um, that's the problem," David said rubbing back of his neck. "We don't know where he is."

"What!?" Stoick was ready to kill that man right now, for losing his son. He pushed him and entered the house. He began to search everywhere, but he couldn't find him. He left the house.

Stoick already took his phone and was dialing the police. He entered his house and the sight shocked him. Hiccup was sitting in the living room and playing with his dragon toys. Stoick ran and hugged his son.

That happened yesterday, and Stoick understood that Hiccup will not stay with their neighbors. Today he had to leave him at home alone. He couldn't work all the time, because he was thinking about Hiccup.

"Daddy, I don't want to stay at home alone, anymore," said Hiccup looking at him with his big green eyes, with Valka's eyes.

Stoick sighed and kneeled watching at his son. "Tomorrow, you will not be alone, I promise."

He didn't know how he's gonna do that, but he promised Hiccup that tomorrow he will not be alone, and Stoick Haddock always keeps his promises.

Hiccup went back to his room. Stoick sat on the chair and began thinking. After some time, it dawned on him. He remembered how a few days ago when he returned home from a visit to the market, he saw him watching TV show- 'How it's made'.