Chapter 9: The Air Race of Small Model Aircraft

Hiccup's eyes snapped open and he sat on his bed. He was too excited to sleep! He took his phone from the nightstand and checked the time. It was 6:50. Hiccup turned off the alarm that should ring at 8:00 and stood up.

He looked at his desk. There it was, his small model airplane. He was very proud that he made it! Today was the race and he spent the last four days working hard on it. And now it was ready, placed on his desk! Hiccup looked at his plane on more time and went to the bathroom.

After the shower, Hiccup dried his hair and went to the wardrobe. He took his black jeans and red shirt and wore them. He looked at himself in the mirror. Well, red really suits him. He tousled his auburn hair and approached the desk. Hiccup carefully picked the plane up and went downstairs.

When he was on the first floor he noticed his father having breakfast.

"Good morning, dad," Hiccup greeted him approaching the kitchen table, holding his plane carefully.

"Good morning, son," greeted Stoick noticing him. "I see you've woken up early."

"Yeah, I was excited and couldn't sleep," said Hiccup putting the plane on the table.

Stoick looked at the plane and smiled proudly. His son's work was amazing! Not everyone could make a plane like that! Every time Hiccup was making unique planes. But this time he definitely overdid himself!

"With that plane, you'll beat them all!" said Stoick encouraging Hiccup. Although, Hiccup had taken part in that race for Thor knows how many times, he knew that his son was still nervous. He would never change.

"Thanks, dad," said Hiccup smiling. He went to the toaster and put some bread in it. Stoick looked at his watch and then said.

"Okay, son. I have to go. Good luck! Show them what Haddocks can do!

"Well, they will certainly not be able to resist all this raw Vikingness!" said Hiccup gesturing to himself. Stoick laughed heartily and went to the door.

"See you later, dad," said Hiccup when his father was about to leave.

"See you later, son," said Stoick and left.

Hiccup really wanted that his father was able to come to the race. But at the same time, he knew that he was a very busy person and he hadn't had time for something unimportant, like race. But still, he was hoping.

The toaster binged, saying that the toasts were ready. Hiccup took them, poured a cup of coffee for him and began having breakfast.

oOo

Hiccup's car was already standing in the company's parking. On the seat next to him was a box, in which was the small model airplane.

After having breakfast, Hiccup had begun rummaging in the house, searching for something where he could move the plane safely. After turning his all house upside down, he had found the box. And of course, because of all that noise, Toothless had woken up. To Hiccup's surprise, the dog was keeping his promise. He wasn't jumping on him and licking him every time he saw him. That was really weird, but he wasn't complaining.

Hiccup carefully took the box and got out of the car. He entered the building. Only a few people were there. Maybe that was because it was somewhere near 8:20 and the work was starting at nine. He entered his office. Well, obviously, Fishlegs wasn't there.

He carefully put the box on his table and sat on the chair. He took the laptop from his backpack and opened it. He began rummaging through his files, trying to kill some time. When they're gonna give him a new project? If it would continue like this, he'll die from boredom!