Chapter 11: The Date

Hey, guys. The new chapter is here! How are you? The second trailer is AMAZING! If you haven't seen it (I doubt that), GO AND WATCH IT RIGHT NOW!!! It's funny and at the same time very touching. So I'm not gonna bore you with my talk how amazing the trailer was and let you read the chapter.

Chapter 11: The Date

It was finally done! The plane was ready! Hiccup went to his room and collapsed on the bed. Three weeks of hard work and sleepless nights, and now he was done. He finally could get some rest. He wanted to just lay on his bed and do nothing for a week, but he knew that it was impossible.

Hiccup closed his eyes and tried to get some sleep. But you know what? He couldn't. He couldn't get something, or more correctly-somebody out of his mind.

Astrid. He couldn't get her out of his mind. He missed spending time with her. He missed seeing the twinkle in her azure eyes when she was teasing him. Or when she was punching him, even if it was painful. When he was seeing her smile, all his worries were disappearing.

These past weeks they had been meeting rarely. He was busy with the plane; he couldn't spend time with her, nor with any of his friends. When they were meeting, they were just having short conversations. That wasn't enough for him. He wanted to spend more and more time with her. He was always thinking about her.

Last time when they normally talked was on their date. Their date... Hiccup had a love stuck expression on his face. Their date had been amazing...

A few weeks ago

"What do you think, bud. Which is better. The red one, or the green one?" asked Hiccup holding two shirts. He turned back to the mirror.

It had passed thirty minutes since he had woken up and he couldn't decide what to wear. He wanted to look good, but at the same time casual. His room was a mess. The clothes were thrown everywhere.

Toothless just rolled his eyes at Hiccup's question and went back to sleep. His friend sometimes could be really annoying. Hiccup groaned at the dog's reaction and looked back at the shirts.

After some debating, he wore blue jeans, a green shirt that resembled the color of his eyes, and sneakers. He looked at the mirror and tried to tame his hair. The attempt was unsuccessful, so he left it just like that.

He went to his desk and after removing the black shirt from it, took the new leash he had bought for Toothless. It wasn't like his other leashes; it was from rubber. It wouldn't be easy for Toothless to cut this one.

They went downstairs, and Hiccup took his backpack. He had put there a blanket, some sandwiches, and drinks. He thought that when the dogs would be playing, he and Astrid could have a picnic.

He put Toothless' leash on and they left the house. After 15 minutes, they were in the park. The black dog began pulling Hiccup stronger, eager to see his new friend. When they were in the middle of the park, Hiccup noticed the familiar golden retriever and the blonde woman.

Stormfly noticed them too and ran to them. Toothless began jumping in his place, joyfully, so Hiccup took the leash off. The black dog sprinted to his friend and they began playing.

Astrid noticing that Stormfly ran away, turned. She saw Hiccup, taking Toothless' leash off. When he stood up, she waved him. Hiccup awkwardly waved her back and began walking towards the bench where she was sitting.

"H-hey Astrid," he greeted, stuttering. Why is he stuttering!? Pull yourself together Hiccup! You don't want to be embarrassed in front of Astrid!

"Hey, Hiccup," Astrid greeted back. Oh, gods! She was beautiful. She was wearing light blue jeans, white converses, and a beautiful white sleeveless blouse. Her hair in her usual braid.