Chapter 16: The Training Session

Hey guys! How are you? Finally, the chapter we all were waiting for is here! Thanks for all the votes and reads. I really appreciate that. And now, without further ado, on with the chapter!

Chapter 16: The Training Session

"Hey, bud. Do you want to help me in filling the form?" Hiccup asked sitting cross-legged on his bed, the notebook in front of him. Toothless barked and hopped next to him, getting comfortable on the soft mattress.

"Okay, then, let's go." Hiccup said entering the browser. He took the booklet and looked at the address. "Archipelago-air-race dot ap," he spelled aloud, typing on his keyboard.

The site opened and Hiccup began watching trough menu. "News, Pilots, Races, About..."

He clicked on the news, hoping to find the participation form. After scrolling through few posts, he found a one labeled 'Want to participate? Click here!'. He clicked the link and the form opened.

"Name or Nickname," he said looking at Toothless. "I still have to think about this one."

He continued reading, filling the empty blanks- his country, birth date, contacts, and other information that was required. He was cautious while giving personal information. Hiccup didn't want someone finding out who he really was.

He filled the last blank and turned to his dog. "Okay, bud, it stays only the nickname." Hiccup laid on his bed and began thinking. He wanted his nickname to be something mysterious. He heard a bark and turned his head to the left, seeing Toothless sitting beside his desk. However, something other caught his attention. It was a drawing- or more precisely- a drawing of a Night Fury.

"Toothless, you're a genius!" he exclaimed and quickly sat up. He filled the last blank and pushed the 'Submit' button.

He smiled and turned back to his dog. "Now we only need to figure out my outfit."

oOo

"Getting ready for the training session?" Heather asked approaching Astrid. It was the first day of the race-the training session. The pilots were allowed to fly the track and practice any part of the racetrack they would like. Then it will be determined the starting order for Qualifying, which will take part a few days later. Today, the highest-ranking pilots would start first.

"Yeah," the blonde answered taking her helmet from the table which was stationed next to the seats for pilots. There were other tables with water bottles and snacks in case pilots wanted to have a light lunch. After all, they would be spending lots of time in the track. However, Astrid preferred not to eat before the race.

"Do you have the starting order?" she asked her friend.

Heather flipped through her notebook and finding the right page, handed it to Astrid. Astrid looked at the list. Well, nothing much changed. There were the same pilots as last year and she was starting the second, after Krogan.

Krogan was an experienced pilot. He was always looking at others as if they didn't deserve to be in the same race as him. The most of pilots disliked him. There were rumors that before the final Krogan was removing the competitors who seemed dangerous for him.

She went through the list and stopped at the last name. There was a pilot, whom she didn't recognize.

"Who's this 'Night Fury'," she asked Heather raising her brow.

"I don't know," the raven-haired girl answered. "He has never participated in the races, so I assume he's a newbie. He will not be a threat."

Astrid nodded and the girls headed to the runway where other pilots were. Some of them were doing checks on their planes, some were flying in the track and the others were just chatting with each other.