Chapter 19: The Secret Revealed

Hello! How are you? Surprised to see me so soon? Well, I didn't want to leave you hanging and on the last chapter. So I decided to write this chapter quickly :)

Also, yesterday was my fanfiction anniversary. I have been writing fanfictions for a year! I don't plan on stopping even if the franchise is over. I have many many ideas and I can't wait to write them.

I had this chapter in my mind since I got the idea of this story. I'm so happy that I'm finally writing it.

Chapter 19: The Secret Revealed

"HICCUP!?"

Hearing his name Hiccup quickly span towards the bushes. His eyes widened seeing the angry blonde. Seeing how Night Fury reacted to his name Astrid began stomping towards Hiccup.

"You're the Night Fury!?" she yelled furiously standing in front of him.

"Oh, hey Astrid, hi Astrid." Hiccup chuckled backing away. However, there was no way of getting away from her. With every step he took back, Astrid took a step forward.

"Answer me! Are you the Night Fury?" Hiccup's back hit the wall.

"Who me? Nooo. Why would you think that?" Hiccup quickly blurted out. Even when he was taller than Astrid was, he was feeling like an ant. If looks could kill, he would be a hundred feet underground.

Astrid crossed her arms and looked at Hiccup, narrowing her eyes.

"Don't play dumb with me. I followed you and saw everything. And for Thor's sake, you're in Night Fury's uniform and you're holding the helmet!" Hiccup looked at his hand and the helmet was truly there. He quickly got rid of it, dumping it on the ground.

Astrid raised her brow and Hiccup sighed.

"Okay... You caught me... I'm Night Fury." Hiccup looked away not daring to meet Astrid's eyes. He could not. He just could not see the hurt in her eyes.

Astrid felt betrayed. He was one of the few people who knew about her dreams. He was one of few people she opened to, talked about her feelings, about her past. She even had feelings for him! And he betrayed all of that.

Astrid looked at Hiccup one more time and then turned around, stomping towards her plane.

Seeing Astrid leaving, Hiccup began running towards her. He caught on her quickly and grabbed her arm. "Astrid, please, stop. Let me explain."

"You have nothing to explain to me," Astrid answered and tried to get out of Hiccup's hold, but didn't succeed. Astrid didn't dare to let the tears on her eyes drop. She just needed to have a good flight and clear her head. After that, everything would be okay. At least, that was what she kept reassuring herself.

Hiccup took hold of her other arm and turned her around.

"Please, Astrid." Hiccup let go of her and looked into her eyes. Her blue orbs weren't the same daring, brave and adventurous ones he knew. They were just... broken. "Please, Astrid. Let me explain." Hiccup offered her his hand.

Astrid didn't know if it was the pleading look in his eyes or the way his voice broke but she took his hand. Hiccup gave a little smile at that. However, seeing how Astrid looked away from him, his smile deflated.

Hiccup began leading her to the hangar. Her hand felt so warm in his. He looked at her and his heart broke. He had never imagined seeing her like this- small, broken, valuable. Moreover, when he knew he was the cause of that it killed him even more.

Hiccup opened the doors and got inside. Astrid raised her head in order to see the plane. Her eyes widened, it was the dream of every pilot. It was sleek and colored all in black. Its shape was very aerodynamic and good for tight turns. And the most important, it was supermaneuverable.