Chapter 12: The Test Flight

Happy Halloween! And here's my gift for you. Yep, you've guessed it right. A new chapter! Surprised? Well, since it's autumn holidays, I have a lot of time to write. And now on with the chapter!

Chapter 12: Test Flight

Hiccup slowly opened his eyes. He hadn't heard the familiar sound of his alarm today. And you know why? It was Saturday! That meant no work, free day, and more sleep.

Hiccup exhaled happily. He sat on his bed and checked the time. It was 11:30 am. He had a good and well-deserved sleep. He stretched his limbs and stood up.

Soon a black dog came running to him.

"Hey, bud!" Hiccup greeted, petting Toothless. "How are you?"

Toothless barked and left the room. Hiccup raised his brow, confused by the dog's actions. After a few seconds, Toothless returned holding the leash.

"Wow. You want to go on a walk so much, that you'll even let me put a leash on you?" Hiccup asked, surprised. This was serious, Toothless hated the leashes.

"Bud, I'm sorry. I have to go to the workshop. I need to ask Gobber something. I'll be back soon and we'll go on a walk. I promise," he said and Toothless sadly whined.

"Or maybe. If you want, you can come with me to the workshop and then we'll go on a walk," Hiccup suggested. That wasn't a bad idea. Toothless barked happily.

"But, you need to behave," Hiccup said. He didn't want to run after his dog all the way to the workshop. Toothless obediently sat down, and gave him a gummy smile, promising to behave. "Okay, let me get ready."

It passed 10 minutes, and Hiccup was ready. He put the Toothless' leash on and they left the house. The workshop was 20 minutes away from their house by foot.

When they arrived, they were greeted by Gobber's singing.

"I've got mah axe and I've got mah mace. And I love mah wife with the ugly face. I'm a Viking through and through!"

Toothless whined and covered his ears.

"I know, bud. I know," Hiccup said, frowning.

"Hey, Gobber," he greeted, approaching the mechanic, who as always was repairing a plane.

"Oh, hey, laddie," Gobber greeted back. He stood up and cleaned his hand on his pants. He then noticed Toothless. "And hello to ya too, little troublemaker! I havnae see ya for a while!"

Gobber scratched Toothless under the chin, and the black dog purred in delight.

"So, how's yer plane?" he asked.

"Actually, it's already ready," Hiccup said. The plane was in the further corner of the workshop, where Gobber wasn't being frequently. The mechanic had seen the plane on random stages of the building, but he hadn't seen the ready one.

"Good job, lad!" Gobber exclaimed patting Hiccup's back. "When I'm gonna see it?"

"Um, since you talked about that. I have a favor to ask," Hiccup began. Gobber looked at him, expectantly. "I don't want Dad to know about the plane, yet. Since I want it to be a surprise! So I can't ask for any of the pilots in the company to test my plane. And If it's alright with you, I hoped, you'll agree to test it."

He could surely ask pilots in the company to test his plane and ask them to not tell his dad. But it wasn't for a surprise. There was another reason behind it. He was thinking about his plane and what he's gonna do about it, a lot lately. And he finally came to a conclusion. He didn't want any other person to fly it. Hiccup wanted to fly his plane by himself.