aftermath - the first year

__

"I don't think you understand. I would've dropped everything, I would've thrown away my life to be with you."

__

Gorgina Cross P.O.V

Malcolm felt his heart break into pieces as he watch his wife smash the pillow against the bed over and over again. And he couldn't say anything, he couldn't do anything to stop it.

The photo on the nightstand behind her showing their wedding picture, him with his king outfit and her with her cream replaced dress she adored so much. She was torn apart from everything that occurred in those six years, you didn't have to be an expert to see it if she let you. Life draining out of her little by little.

"Gorgina." He calls out her name and she finally lets go off the pillow, wiping away the tears streaming down his face.

"They took everything away from me. Everything. And I'm just suppose to sit and watch as they continue to get their way?" Gorgina finally speaks the thoughts crossing her mind, she wanting nothing more than plain old revenge but no matter how hard she could ignore it, she was never violent.

"I know they did but we fought for this. And we need to stand against it no matter what they did to you." Malcolm knows his words won't hit her as hard as they use to but he can only try and wish they could.

"I-I need to think." And with that, Gorgina walks out their shared room to the familiar section she once called home with those people.

She makes her way down the hall until she reaches the preferred room.

"Hey." She closes her eyes after she puts the clip she's been replaying for the last few years, hearing his voice sounding by the speakers, trying to imagine herself back with him. "Hi." Gorgina's young self says in the video and Gorgina opens up her eyes to see the Bellamy she once feel in love with.

"Gorgina, you shouldn't be in here." Gorgina looks up to the doors, seeing Heather holding the knife in her hand, as if she was ready to attack any trespasser. "I'm sorry. I- I just had to hear him." Gorgina breath out, tears rolling down her face and Heather comes up to her, kneeling in front and taking Gorgina's hands in hers.

"Haven't we talked about this a thousand times this past six years? I can't keep repeating it over and over again." Her voice sounds so soft and it makes Gorgina remember that day clear as day.

The day her fiancée died and the day she told Bellamy she hated him. The last time Gorgina ever saw him or any of her people. Skyru.

"He isn't coming back. Not now. Not ever." Gorgina whisper, repeating what Heather has been saying for so long. Those words Gorgina wished weren't true.

"Clarke's outside waiting for you and I'm sure the Queen would love for you to get some fresh air." Heather speaks normally as she gets on her feet, pulling the old queen with her.

"Alright." Gorgina pull away from her, making her way out by the specific entrance to the desert.

It's been like this for the last year. Clarke coming every other day to visit Gorgina, more like help her sort out all the thoughts crossing her mind.