aftermath - the fourth year

__

"Take a deep breath, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again."

__

Gorgina Cross P.O.V

"Want to talk about it?" Clarke asks as she drives away from The Underground.
"Malcolm just thought I'd do better away from The Underground." Gorgina keeps it short and simple, not wanting to think much about it.

"I'm sorry." Clarke whispers, she looks over at Madi to see her looking down sadly.
"It's alright, it was time." Gorgina assures her as she puts on Malcolm's watch.

"He's right, I need a break from there." Gorgina whispers, once she finishes putting on the watch, she leans against the rover wall.

"What happened after you married?" Madi finally speaks up.
"Madi." Clarke exclaims, she thinks its too early for her to think about what happened when she's leaving what she used to call home.

"It's alright, it's better to get it all out of my chest." Gorgina say and Clarke looks at her by the mirror, and Clarke gives her a weak smile before giving her a nod.

~ Three Years Ago ~

"Morning." I flick open my eyes, coming face to face with her husband.

"Good Morning." I whisper as I sit up, still halfway sitting. I hope you get what I mean.
"Here." He hands me a cup, and I look down at it.
"I don't like coffee." I point out.
"It's hot chocolate." I look back up at him, giving him a smile.

"You didn't have to do this." I feel my cheeks redden as I bring the mug up to my lips, zipping on it. It's definitely hot chocolate. "I'd do anything for you." He assures me as he sits down at the end of my bed.

"Why thank you." I giggle before I finish the rest of the hot chocolate talking with him. Once I'm done with the mug, Malcolm grabs it from my hands. "You don't have to do that." I start.

"Gorgina." He warns, not wanting me to stop him from being a gentlemen.
"Nope. I can do it myself." I get up from my spot, grabbing the mug away from him.

I rush away from him as he tries to reach for the mug, once I leave the chamber, I'm on the safe side.

But I don't make it too far away as I run straight to someone's chest. "My bad." I giggle, stepping away from the person and look at the mug, checking it didn't mess up. Once I'm about to look up, everything goes black.

THUD

The coffee mug falls to the floor and I'm unable to grab it as I try to pull off whatever is covering my eyes but as I reach up, I assume what its a rag is put on my mouth.

~

I shake my head as my vision comes back, and I stare at a grey wall.

"What the..." My voice sounds muffle as a piece of tape covers my mouth and I look down to see my hands tied together at the back of the chair and my ankles tied as well.

"You're awake." I look over to where the voice is coming from, I don't recognize him due to the population here but his voice sounds familiar. "Wow." And then it clicks, it's the couple who ruin my weeding dress.

The girl walks to the front of me, kneeling down.
"Hi there." She smirks, clearly loving the leverage she got.

"Now, I'm taking this off but if you do anything to scream, we won't overthink of putting it back on." I internally roll my eyes as her hands reaches up to my face and then she pulls the tape off my mouth.

I keep my mouth shut, following her instructs but I keep my eyes on both of them.

What do they even want?

"Okay. Good." She gets up from her knees, signaling to William."It's quite easy, Gorgina. Go ahead, Will." She continues and that's when I finally see that William is holding onto a gun.
I'm fucked.

William walks over, placing it at the side of my head and I take a deep gulp.
"As I was saying, it's quite easy. You didn't want to be with Rufus so you'll resign and we've given you many many chances to do so. Meaning we only have one option left." I close my eyes, focusing on the silence apart from her voice.

"PUT THE GUN DOWN!" I open my eyes to see Heather holding a gun up and Malcolm beside her doing the same. "I SAID PUT THE FUCKING GUN DOWN." Heather commands again but I still feel the pressure.

"Fine." And just like that, Heather shots and the pressure is lifted away.
"Oh my god." I mumble under my breath as Heather goes to the female and Malcolm covers over to me, untying me.

"You're lucky they didn't delete the footage." Malcolm whispers and I focus only on him, not on William who bleeds out to death from beside the chair.

"I-I want to resign. Give Kathleen the crown. Anything, I just don't want to be Queen." I ramble as he unties the last one and I fall into his arms.

"Shh, Gorgina, it'll be okay." He whispers, pulling me into a hug."Thank you."

~ PAST ENDS ~

'Holy mother-" Madi cuts herself off when Clarke turns to her, knowing she was just about to curse. "I think the good part is me being alive." Gorgina speaks up finally after ending the ran about the third year. It was hard for her to stay down there for so long. Half of them on her side and the other half on the other side, slowly her side turning on her. Just for dumb mistakes or no reason at all.

"Will you be divorcing Malcolm?"
"I don't think so, not yet."

"What about Bellamy?" Madi adds the name and you could notice the change inside the rover environment. Sure, Clarke and Bellamy became best friends, they needed each other to live. At least that's what Clarke thought. But no matter how much Clarke wanted Bellamy for herself, he was Gorgie's first. No matter what happened, everyone knows they're suppose to end together.

"I-I love him." Gorgie confesses, she told him that she always will, and she wasn't lying. But what she didn't know is that up there in the sky, Bellamy has been spending his time with Echo, but deep down, thinking about Gorgie too.

9/14/18