aftermath - farm life

__

"Have you ever loved someone so much that, no matter what they do to you or themselves, you take it?"

__

Gorgina Cross P.O.V

"Gorgie! Gorgie!" Monty runs down the hall, looking for his friend who's been outside, staring at clouds. She figured it out as something that helps her relax plus almost nobody will bother her up here.

He finally goes up the stairs, making his way out of the bunker. "Gorgie!" He calls out once more, and its this time that Gorgie hears him.

"Monty, hi!" She greets, sitting up and facing her friend.
"I want to show you something." He says, grabbing Gorgie's hand and pulling her up without her accepting the offer. "Uhh, sure, sure." Gorgina mumbles before Monty starts dragging her.

Of course, Gorgie stays silent, letting the comfortable auite be and because her anxiety level is rising due to whatever Monty wants to show her.

And finally, they make it to the 'farm', "Holy shit." Gorgina whispers, coming face to face with the 'farm' alive, the greenest she ever seen it and it's now that we can for sure stay here for as long as we'd like.

"Your mother would be proud, Monty." Gorgina adds, turning to her friend. "I told you. It's the nitrogen, and that took less than a day. In a week, the entire farm could be-" But Gorgina cuts him off before he can go any further.

" You don't want to do that. The first culture, even from an old strain like this, isn't safe.  And apart from that, we leave in a few hours."

"You don't have to leave." The words make Gorgina confused, "Look. That's the point. No one else has to die. You did things to survive. That's in the past. But we can have protein and biofuel and beer." Gorgina looks away at the thought of her breaking her sobriety, she's been doing too good lately, at least with the alcohol.

"It tastes like crap, but who cares if it gets you drunk?" Monty adds but before they can continue their conversation, Clarke and Bellamy come rushing in.

"Monty, come on. We need you to open the processing room." Clarke says once she realizes its us, and she gtabs Monty's hand, trying to pull him but she stays put.

"What the hell are you doing?" Gorgina speaks up, helping out Monty. Why go to war when we can live here? Why give that up.

"Explain later." Clarke mumbles, looking as if she doesn't do it anytime soon, she'll explode, "Actually, if you want me to open that door, you'll explain now." Monty looks to Gorgina as he speaks, giving her a smile.

He could always count on her.

"I know it doesn't look like it, but this is how we stop the war." Clarke says with a hush tone, "I was stopping the war." Monty snaps.

"Keep your voice down. If anyone hears us-" Clarke instructs.
"You're killing her, aren't you?" Gorgina knows that she wasted her time asking because she knows Clarke and what she'll do just to survive, "Yes. If you don't open that door, we're the ones who get killed.... Open it, Monty." Clarke talks to Gorgina before she turns to Monty, she doesn't tries to pull him anymore.

Gorgina looks up to see Bellamy looking at her already, "Do something." She whispers, no actual sound coming from her mouth and Bellamy replies with shaking his head, "I can't."

"And, of course, I help because what's one more, right? We're already murders." Monty lets out.

"We're talking about taking one life to save hundreds." This makes Clarke snap, "Really? Then let's kill Octavia." Gorgina says, about to walk off, "No." This is the first time Bellamy speaks after they both came here, grabbing Gorgina's hand and pulling her into him.

"Didn't think so." Gorgie mumbles but stays beside Bellamy. "Monty We're doing the right thing."
"If you say it enough, maybe I'll believe you."

With that, Monty walks off while Gorgina stays there beside Bellamy, "Funny how people say they changed but they haven't." Gorgina says out loud, at least try them to feel guilt, if they even feel it.

Gorgina starts to walk away but pauses, turning around, 'I'm going to stay with Monty." And with that, she walks out.

Gorgina follows Monty, "We were happy once, weren't we?" Monty mumbles as Gorgina walks beside him, "Yeah. Back when we landed." Gorgina replies but she doesn't wants to remember those old memories.

"We'll get back there, I promise." He assures her,  "I don't want there to be killers. I don't want to take lives to save them."

"Then don't."
"What if I say no and people we care about die?" Gorgina asks, this time turning to face her friend. "They might, but everyone dies, Gorgie. Let's show them how to live."

"You shouldn't be talking to me, you should be talking to Harper. You shouldn't leave her."

"Gorgina!" The voice sounds through the hall and then footsteps are heard before the person comes into view.

"What now?" Gorgina lets out a groan, not wanting to talk about death now, "Clarke won't back off." Bellamy says as he goes up to Gorgina.

"Well that's Clarke." Monty looks at them, he wants to stay and help Gorgina out but he knows he needs to let Gorgina and Bellamy talk.

"I want to see an end to the violence just as badly as you." Bellamy lets out his thoughts as Monty walks away, "Maybe so, but until you recognize that we're all just people, all this will ever be is a battlefield." What comes out of Gorgina words, shocks Bellamy.

"You're a good brother, Bellamy. And I'm sorry that I thought-" Gorgina adds, he won't kill his sister for peace,

"I could kill my sister?"
"The truth is, if she was anybody else, I would've beat you to it." This also takes him as a surprise because she's not into violence but if it means peace.

"I don't know about that." He chuckles and both of them don't see the way they look at each other. But if you were walking past them, you'd realize it.

"Suddenly, I'm the one letting my heart rule my head." He adds in a hush tone, Gorgina wasn't supposed to hear but she does.

"Take him." The ex lovers look at who comes down the hall to see a guard, "Remember I love you." He whispers as they put his hands behind his back, "You're under arrest for the murder of Kara Cooper."

"Hey! Hey!" Gorgina calls out as the guard takes Bellamy away but Octavia comes up to Gorgie.

"Promise me he won't suffer." She begs, "Nice to see the feelings are still there." Octavia starts but Gorgina just throws death glares at her.

"Have you ever loved someone so much that, no matter what they do to you or themselves, you take it?" Octavia says, looking at her nails before looking back at Gorgie.

"Hmm reminds me of what happened with Lincoln." Gorgie snaps before she walks away, not caring that they might kick her out.

9/25/18