aftermath - ignoring you p.2

__

"I still have feelings for you. And no matter how many times I tell myself that I'm better off without you, a part of me just won't let go."

__

Gorgina Cross P.O.V

Gorgina looks down at the card she's been holding for a while, well Clarke and Gorgina due to both of them finding it. "Harper told me I might find you down here." Gorgina starts as she comes upon Monty in the almost dead farm in the bunker.

"I miss my algae farm. I thought being around all this might help." Monty mumbles but Gorgina already knew that's how they were able to stay alive.

"Does it?" Gorgie asks as she sits beside him but they don't look at each other.
"Most of the crops are fallow. The equipment needs repair. I give it 3 weeks until this place is as dead as the wasteland." Gorgina lets him ramble as she takes out the card from her back pocket.

"Uh, I've been meaning to give this to you. It just never really felt like the right time since you got here." She finally speaks up, handing it to him, this time they look at each other.

"Jasper's handwriting." Monty whispers and Gorgie keeps her eyes on him, fearing if she looks away, he might break. "Clarke and me found it at Arkadia not long after Praimfaya. I nearly read it a couple of times, but now I'm glad I didn't." She lets out a shy laugh, trying to not let the mood be too depressing.

A door opens and that makes both of them jump, but at the part they were sitting, they aren't seen. "Guard the door. I'll just be a minute." Cooper orders and the friends look at the guard who's not guarding the door.

Cooper seems to go in and then comes out shortly soon, not more than five minutes.
"Let's go." Cooper instructs and then Cooper & the guard are out of view.

Monty and Gorgina glance at each other before they look back at the door. One thought running through their minds. They rush to the door, but of course when Gorgina tries to open it, it's locked.

"Monty, you can't pick a lock with pruning shears." Gorgie mumbles as he breaks a piece, pulling it up to the door. You're of little faith. The keypad energizes the solenoid, pulls the coil and pin back. A magnet can do the same thing." The door opens as he exclaims to his friend, and they stand in the doorway.

"Biocontainment lab? What the hell is that for?" Monty starts.
"Let's find out." Gorgina looks at him with a smirk, walking in faster than Monty, of course he's with precaution and Gorgina is not.

"I don't like this." Monty mumbles as Gorgina walks to the tented area.
"Oh, my God. You said no one else was bitten." The mood changes as Gorgina speaks up and Monty looks at what Gorgina is already staring at.

Bodies, worms around them.

"No. They weren't." And it could only mean one thing.
"They're breeding them. The cold must slow them down." Gorgina whispers, not looking at anyone but the ground.

"Gorgie, if Octavia can deliver these worms in a defector-" Monty and Gorgina look at each other, nervousness rising through their bodies but a moaning cuts both their thoughts.

They rush to the sound to see a man, "He- He's still alive." Gorgina mumbles.
"Come on, we shouldn't be here." Monty says, grabbing her hand and pulling her out of the room.

They walk beside each other, Monty already forgetting about it while it still runs through Gorgina's mind. "We've got to talk to Clarke." Gorgina finally speaks up after what they experience.