aftermath - the third year

__

"You don't marry for love. What does love got to do with marriage? I spit on love and marriage. You marry for money."

__

Gorgina Cross P.O.V

Gorgina looks down at her ring on her finger, it's beautiful and she's scared of taking it off. It might be something so small but it has so many memories she can't forget about.

"Gorgina." Malcolm voice doesn't breaks this time, after too long practicing, he can't ruin it. "Yeah?" Unlike Malcolm's voice, Gorgina voice breaks.

They both lay beside each other on the bed, inches away from each other as they stare at the ceiling. "Lately, I want you to be happy. We're not the fire we used to be. Every word we can't take back. Cause with all that has happened, I think that we both know the way that this story ends. I want to see you smile but that means that you'll have to leave. We pretend we're okay, but we're not. " Malcolm begins, they don't look at each other, they don't have the strength to do so.

"What do you mean?" Gorgina speaks up. She doesn't wants him gone even after how much she'll say it. He's one that's holding her down, and so is Heather but her focus is on the Queen not her.

"You need to leave, get outta of here with Clarke. It'll change your life to the better." He replies, holding the same feelings as Gorgina. If she leaves, who else would be there for him apart from Heather, she was the one holding him down as well. If only he could change his mind and tell her to stay but that would benefit none of them. Her because she'll be happier outside & for him because when she leaves, everyone will turn against him unless Kathleen stops it.

"Are you sure?" Gorgina whimpers, finally glancing at Malcolm.
"It's for the best." He assures both of them, giving her a weak smile, all he could form.

"O-Okay." She talks a gulp, getting off the bed and grabbing her bag, packing it up but Malcolm just lays there, looking at her as she does so. He's doing everything to not say anything he'll regret.

"Guys-" Heather cuts herself off when she walks in and sees the event going down, Malcolm had talked with her not far long ago and they both understood that they needed to do it. "Are you really leaving?" Seems like Malcolm is the only one with the voice that doesn't brakes because for the girl, it does.

"Y-Yeah." Gorgina minds travel back to the the third year, when her and Malcolm finally tied ties.

~ Four Years Ago~

"Okay. Okay." I whisper to myself, trying to calm me down as I look at myself in the mirror. Heather is the best, she was able to get someone to fix my dress, it's not as good as it used to be, but it's better than having another dress. "Come on, lets get this done." Heather says as she comes into the room, coming face to face with me, probably noticing how nervous I am.

"You'll be fine." She assures me as I walk beside her and see how full the ballroom is, everyone dressed in their best dresses.

"I hope." I whisper as the music starts to play.
"Go on." She whispers back, handing me a rose boutique from the underground garden and then pushes me softly on the back, telling me indirectly to walk up to Malcolm.

He looks good with the king clothes, and I'm sure he'll love what will come into the closet and the control we'll have.

Once I make it down, a stranger grabs my boutique and I face Malcolm with a wide smile on my face. "You look beautiful." He whispers. "So do you."