De Nobis Fabula Narratur

Ch.4- De Nobis Fabula Narratur

Your eyes darted away, hand beginning to rise towards your shoulder. You paused, however, looking towards the male who was near you. His eyes, the color of precious rubies, seemed to not break from you. His entire being wanting nothing more than for you to answer him at this moment. Answer the question that was burning alive inside of him, and only able to be quenched by an answer he deemed worthy.

"You're asking about things you have no possibility in understanding..." Your voice trailed off. "Asking about things that I've been attempting to forget myself."

"Do I look like I give a shit about your tragic backstory?" Bakugou clicked his tongue. "Just explain... the sooner you do so, then the sooner we never have to see each other again."

You sighed, shaking your head as a hand moved through it and attempted to move away a few strands that were being particularly annoying to you. Though the male who stood before you currently held the top spot for the largest thorn sticking to your already easily irritable skin.

He did have a bit of a point though... and if you told him maybe a few details you could bring yourself to mutter... then maybe he'd drift off back to his own isolated society. And thus, with a shaking of your head and a rolling of your eyes, you turned to the male.

"Fine..." You spoke to him, reaching for your bag once more.

You took it off your back and then placed it onto the ground. The first and smallest pocket was where your hand was buried in. And to your relief, it seemed your almost fall hadn't cost you your measly personal belongings like it had your precious jewels from Highar.

You took a seat on the dirt path, the dragon tamer watching you carefully as you began to flip through a few pages of a book you had suddenly brought out until you came towards the one you had been looking for. With a quick scan of the area, you picked up a broken off twig.

Slowly you began to draw something in the dirt, the lines curving and morphing into an image. With a gentle hum, you stood up, admiring your work and then tossed the twig back into the brush it had come from.

Bakugou slowly made his way over towards you, looking down at the display of symbols that were shown to his eyes. A few he recognized from old storybooks and others he had never seen before, all of which looked to have been crafted repeatedly from you.

"The twelve Gods of Alcius..." He muttered, eyes following the lines of his own mark. "What the hell do these symbols have to do with why you're markless?"

"Because in the world we live... they decide who has merit... and who doesn't." You breathed, eyes closing and hiding away the symbols of those who had long shunned you the moment you were born.

You walked towards a symbol on the ground, it matching the one on the male's shoulder. Slowly, you dragged your foot over the symbol erasing it from sight, twirling the dirt into the air as you did so.

"Arus... the God of Fire and symbolized as a ram. They say those who embody his mark are some of the most vitalicious people in our society... but they are also quick to ignite their inner fire and show it."

You moved towards the next two marks, receiving the same treatment. "Taro... God of metal and seen as a bull. His kin are some of the most creative around, but tend to be a tad bit eccentric and over the top.

Geni, the twin Goddesses and often depicted as twin doves. It fits... as they have control over the skies and the air. Their people have control over the air as well, often being some of the most imaginative and free-spirited. But they are also ones that sway from one place to the other... never sticking at one's side for too long..."