Haec Olim Meminisse Iuvabit

Ch. 20- Haec Olim Meminisse Iuvabit

(AN- Anyone spoiling the story at any part will have their comment deleted. Spoiling the story for other's isn't cool, and it's kinda upsetting to have to address this in the first place since it's started to appear in this book as of late. Reading the story and finding out the reveals yourself provides a much more enjoyable experience. So please don't ruin the story or the fun of reading for yourself and others by spoiling. Enjoy the read every one.)

The water around the boat hit the wood with a force again, sending splashes of liquid upward towards the three figures who sat in the boat. Two of the figures merely wiping away the droplets, while the other did the same but with an annoyed groan.

"I fucking hate the ocean..." Bakugou growled, the oars on his hands moving in a rhythm to keep the boat moving towards where you had instructed. "And how much longer?! We've been out here for hours!!"

You sighed, rolling your eyes and crossing your arms. "I told you Soul Enclave would show up when it wants to show up... by the Gods you're impatient."

Todoroki took in your words, noticing how slowly but surely your personality was changing once more. After the night you had last night though, he was unsure if it was because you had a hangover from all the drinking you had done... or rather that the world was starting to not care about the cycle of life again.

Either way, you had managed to have enough of your motivation left to rent this boat from a fisherman and now the three of you were miles away from shore in the middle of the ocean. And while you had assured both males that this God-created island would appear if everyone knew of its existence and actively tried to seek it out... after five hours of wading through water and having to hear the Tineen emir scream at the water constantly on his face... even Todoroki was getting a bit impatient.

"Bakugou, do you want to take a break? You've been paddling for nearly an hour now." Todoroki offered to switch with the other male.

"I ain't tired of paddling! I'm tired of sitting in the middle of the fucking ocean!" He rose his voice. "How the fuck did you even get to Aqua Pura when you first crossed over?!"

"I have wings, remember?" You smirked, leaning back against the front of the boat and relaxed as the sun shined on your face. "And just keep paddling straight we'll get there eventually."

Bakugou's hands gripped the wooden paddles tightly as he started to paddle faster. The water mercilessly being pushed about as he moved across the deep blue like it was nothing. If it wasn't terrifying then you'd say you were impressed by his skill... but then again, it was once more anger fueling his energy and drive.

You sighed, blocking out the noise. You'd admit that this morning the last thing you wanted to do was go back to this place, but you also knew that you'd rather not be invisible from the head down either... and so you followed along and paid for the boat rental.

If all went well and it was this side that the gate closed on... then you'd be home by the end of the day. You'd be back to doing your job by the end of the day... and this world would no longer be in trouble.

Your thoughts were cut short as suddenly the boat was jolted to a stop. Your eyes fling open and catching the sight of the oars flying above you. The splashing ceasing as suddenly a few rough grains landed near you and into the wooden object you were still inside.

Outside of the boat, rather than water... was nothing but a long and winding sandy beach. The boat that less than five minutes ago had been in the middle of the ocean was now in the middle of a beach with sand all around it.